Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reductil

• 05-06-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I went to my doctor last night telling him how depressed I am over my weight (yo yoing the last 15 years) He gave me Reductil which I started taking today (1 each morning)It is supposed to make you eat less as you feel full sooner. Is there anyone out there will experience of these, goods and bad but hopefully good, I am getting desperate now:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I went to my doctor last night telling him how depressed I am over my weight (yo yoing the last 15 years) He gave me Reductil which I started taking today (1 each morning)It is supposed to make you eat less as you feel full sooner. Is there anyone out there will experience of these, goods and bad but hopefully good, I am getting desperate now:eek:

I've never hear of it. But often doctors prescribe things too easily.

Make sure you get enough proteins and good fats in your diet, and try and get enough vitamins and minerals too. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 prettybutton

Yea I haven't heard anyone on it recently I have to make sure I eat loads of fruit and veg as it can cause constipation and I def don't want that !!! Well I'm on day too now don't feel any different really didn't eat rubbish yesterday but thiink alot of it is in your head we wil see !!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

HI PrettyButton
    I was on reductil for awhile and it does work! Food cravings all but dissappeared and did lose weight on it! It's not a quick fix but will help if you are prone to eating purely from boredom and or habit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Good luck. I never heard of this either, but am anxious to hear how you get on. I have been trying for too many years to get my act together. This time round I keep re-starting almost every second day !!!!!!!!!! I feel I need something to get me over the the first 2/3 weeks.

Again, best of luck.

I know I am the same no will power. I have been taking 1 a day since Friday and I am definitely doing better. I am sticking to my three meals a day and sometimes I don't even feel like anything but Ihave something small as weight watchers taught me not to miss meals for my metabolism.

POPZ did it take you long to lose weight, not that I want a miracle but just some idea of the time scale involved!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

I only did it for a month as it was my friend who had been prescribed them and she was finished and had some left over- I think I lost half stone in bout 4 weeks. Again you cant be eating crap - but you'll find you will start to feel full and don't want to graze on food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

My housemate said they were antihistamines and I took one, since I had been awake for days with a rash and was desperate. I thought "reductil, ah it must reduce symptoms of allergies." They had been left behind by the obese girl who used to live there. I think it was 15mg.

I thought I was having a heart attack (my pulse was 120 at rest) and stayed awake the whole night. I didn't eat and I couldn't even look at food. I talked non stop for two days. I think it made me slightly euphoric but I was also worried that I might die.

I don't know if my reaction was unusual, they are all listed side effects but I don't know how common they are. I don't want to make anyone nervous and I'm sure the doctor knows what he's doing. The dose may have to be proportional to your weight- the girl they were prescribed for would be three times my weight. They will definitely make you lose weight anyway.

lizzyvera wrote: »
    My housemate said they were antihistamines and I took one, since I had been awake for days with a rash and was desperate. I thought "reductil, ah it must reduce symptoms of allergies." They had been left behind by the obese girl who used to live there. I think it was 15mg.

I thought I was having a heart attack (my pulse was 120 at rest) and stayed awake the whole night. I didn't eat and I couldn't even look at food. I talked non stop for two days. I think it made me slightly euphoric but I was also worried that I might die.

I don't know if my reaction was unusual, they are all listed side effects but I don't know how common they are. I don't want to make anyone nervous and I'm sure the doctor knows what he's doing. The dose may have to be proportional to your weight- the girl they were prescribed for would be three times my weight. They will definitely make you lose weight anyway.
    Oh my god that sounds terrible I never heard of anyone with nearly all the side effects. I am feeling fine and I am on them a week on Friday, it has definitely curbed my appetite and I am not picking but I am still eating my 3 meals a day. I have started back walking but finding it hard getting the time to excercise as much as I would like. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow as it is the end of my first week. Will let you know!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I used to take 2 10mg reductil tablets to make me feel fuller they did work but i gave up :(

From the charter rules
    Bear in mind we are not professional nutritionists and we are not doctors, so don't look for medical advice. Please seek advice from your Dr. or a Nutritionist before embarking on any major overhaul of your eating habits.
    Afraid I am going to have to lock this thread. Please consult your GP -rubadub

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement