Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIGHWAY 66 in leixlip

Options
  • 05-06-2009 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

it seems every time i go past this place its empty!!!!

is there something wrong with it or is it just a kip???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

No its not a kip ...have eaten in there a few times and never had any complaints and to be honest would generally 'patronise' a far more upmarket class of eaterie!I do remember one Friday night years ago they seemed to have some kind of 'curfew' after which all the delph/cutlery were replaced with 'non lethal' plastic variety which caused great amusement to myself and the missus ...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bad location: no chance of parking outside it. Sams: parking nearby. Also, Sams is generally better (even though the staff do sometimes work in both places).

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Have only eaten once in highway. Theres always people in there after the pubs close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

ytareh wrote: »
    'patronise' a far more upmarket class of eaterie!

what??? in english please. oh ok people go in after the pubs are closed probably a bit past my bedtime!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

I have a theory that whoever owns Sams owns this place too. Menus are almost identical in style as well as content. Have eaten there twice and couldn't complain about what i got. And i was sober for one of those visits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

The same people own Sam's, Highway, Hill Diner and a few other places as well. I wouldn't really go near any of them sober to be honest but Hill Diner is probably your best bet during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

The same people own Sam's, Highway, Hill Diner and a few other places as well. I wouldn't really go near any of them sober to be honest but Hill Diner is probably your best bet during the day.

They own the Hill too AFAIK, or at least used to...Macaris is also one of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

dara95 wrote: »
    what??? in english please. oh ok people go in after the pubs are closed probably a bit past my bedtime!!!!:(

If you 'patronise' a certain establishment it means you're a customer there. Or if you like, a patron.

Yeah, it's always empty. Haven't been there in years. Used to be more Eddie Rocket's-esque.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Highway do the best kebabs. have often drove from Celbridge with an order of kebabs to fill everyone in the house! yum yum yum.

Now, where are my car keys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

ChewChew wrote: »
    Highway do the best kebabs. have often drove from Celbridge with an order of kebabs to fill everyone in the house! yum yum yum.

Now, where are my car keys :pac:

They deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AidanadiA

Just stumbled on this, thought I let you guys know.

Highway 66 opens up at 9.30am mon to fri and 10am sat and sun and do a lovely full Irish Breakfast all day long! Yummy I eat there any time i can!:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement