Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a Siemens A52 work in the US?

• 05-06-2009 7:38pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, will a Siemens A52 work in the US? Canada?

Secondly, how big a problem is the issue of non-triband phones these days? My mate has a piece o's' Nokia and is asking me if it will work in the US. No idea what the model is, nor does he. (I dont have physical access to his phone).

I've tried Google, and failed to find anything on this topic, much to my surprise.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

DeVore wrote: »
    Firstly, will a Siemens A52 work in the US? Canada?

Secondly, how big a problem is the issue of non-triband phones these days? My mate has a piece o's' Nokia and is asking me if it will work in the US. No idea what the model is, nor does he. (I dont have physical access to his phone).

I've tried Google, and failed to find anything on this topic, much to my surprise.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

DeV.

nope its dual band. the only dual band phones being made now would be the very low end. nokia 1xxx and 2xxx type phones. even some of the POS nokias work in the states. i had a 3100 working there not so long ago. and the original motorola timeport :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Going on this with data from here, I'd have to say no it won't work due to frequency differences.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

DeVore wrote: »
    My mate has a piece o's' Nokia and is asking me if it will work in the US. No idea what the model is, nor does he. (I dont have physical access to his phone).

Enter the below into the phone:

*#0000#

Will tell him what model phone it is, then post back here and someone will get the answer for you

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks all.... wilco Davy.

DeV.

Advertisement