Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DADS CAR STOLEN - His pride and joy - Mercedes E320 sky blue

• 05-06-2009 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello All,

See attachment..

Thank you for taking the time to read, its my first post, unfortunately the title is not a good one as my fathers pride and joy was stolen early this morning.

THE CAR: E320 CDI Mercedes Benz Komp, Sky Blue Met Reg XXX

IDENTITY (Other means): Auto box, cream leather interior, small dent in chrome doorstrip on drivers side. 'Gilmores' sticker in rear window.

THEFT LOCATION: Dundalk, Armagh Road, Countryside location.

TIME: 5am

BACKGROUND: The thieves had broken a rear window for entry to the house and had taken the keys from the kitchen table and driven off.

This is the best photo i have for now but will upload more soon, if anyone can help, i would greatly appreciate.

The Garda have been notified and the place been print dusted but at present that seems where it stops so i would like to do my bit.

Two possibilities from talking around to friends/people etc, either shipped to England for dismantling, or to be used in an upcoming raid/burglary/bank job etc.

The car is in mint condition and had very low mileage.

If you have ANY REAL information on this cars whereabouts, whether you have seen it in your area only since today or over the next few days, whether you have spotted it parked up, or been offered for sale please contact me on XXX (text and i will call you back).

I do realise that there may be a lot of similiar cars like this in the country, and there is a real possibilty that the plates may have been swiftly changed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Terrible thing to happen man, hope something turns up.
    Bloody scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭celica1994

scum allright, to be honest, i think the mercs are near impossible to hotwire. ya pretty much have to have the key so that explains why they broke in, from what i hear,nowadays people steal the likes of mercs for illegal export for parts and such

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I reckon those ****ers were straight over the border with it, given your location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Sorry to hear it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Reg is from a S320 on cartell. Where do cartell get the info from?

edit: My Uncle's S320 was robbed a few years ago, keys taken from the kitchen table too. Was missing a few weeks and then another car was stolen from the same road but that one had a tracking system installed in it. The Gardai traced it and came across a whole load of robbed cars parked up. All cars were returned:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Give the PSNI in Newry a shout as well about the car being stolen. They can't do nothing for you immedeatly but the can keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Took the details and as I drive all around the country for a living will keep my eyes open, hope you get a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dads_Car_Stolen

Hello All,

Thanks for your responses, greatly appreciated...

THE GOOD NEWS IS !!!!

The was found in Armagh by the PSNI!!!... one flat tyre, no other damage reported as yet, not burned out thank god, looks like the flat tyre stalled them, thankfully it was found before the rest of the weekend, otherwise it may have been burned.

Stephen was right with it going straight over the border...thanks..

And on speaking too the Garda here it goes straight onto the 'pulse' system, and the alert the PSNI straight away also.

On speaking to a few other and reading some previous posts, it seems like the car was to be prepared for a robbery of some sort, seemingly inconspicuous power is what they look for...

Thanks again all.

P ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

That's great news. Delighted you got the car back! :D:D

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Thats a bit of good news! Hope your Dad can get a "Kill switch" fitted

so if it ever happens again(fingers crossed it won't). Little toerags

won't be able to start it even with the keys. Happened to me last

year, they gave up on trying to start the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Good news. Also it proves that he Internet forums are a good source of info, and I'm sure it did no harm to let everyone know just what happened. Communication cross border is key also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I hope they fingerprint the car and catch the scum that did it, I think necklacing would be the appropriate punishment in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Good stuff, great to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Great to hear, it's not very often they come back in one piece. Another reason not to use run-flats:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Glad to hear it.
    ronnie3585 wrote:
    Another reason not to use run-flats

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Fair play to the PSNI. Hopefully the prints pull someone up.

Advertisement