Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off them 1 year next saturday

Options
  • 05-06-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all, i'll be off the cigs for a whole year next saturday. I used to smoke bout 16-20 a day for 16 years. I'm delighted never thought i'd be able to do it. It was hard at first but it does get easier. I have some days where i dont even think of them and other days where a craving will catch me off guard but i know it will pass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Thats great ellade3. I was really chuffed when I reached the 1 year mark too! I still love the smell of fresh cigarette smoke but the thoughts of inhaling it turns my stomach - thankfully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ellade3

Thanks SMK, yeah i'm the same also no matter how much i might like one sometimes i know its gonna taste horrible & not what it used to taste like. How long are you off them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

I'm off them just over two years now. I still keep my quit counter going....

Two years, one month, three weeks, one day, 2 hours, 39 minutes and 38 seconds. 19577 cigarettes not smoked, saving €6,901.16. Life saved: 9 weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Nice one ellade3 (and SMK!). I'll be two years off them next Wednesday week. :)

Still get the odd stupid urge, couldn't really call it a craving as such. But I know it'll pass in no time and I know I don't want to go back on them, ever. As someone once put it to me — can you see yourself turning around in a year or two (or ten, or twenty), and saying "Dammit, I should never have/why the hell did I quit smoking?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Well done to all of you but be on guard. I was off them for 18m and started again on holidays amonth back now smoking as many as i ever did about 25 a day. Nightmare scenario on her looking for some motivation to give them up again. Dont even have one they'll suck you back in the filthy f**kers

Advertisement