Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone not staying up late cramming?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Like those who been studying all year...Do ye just hit the sack at eleven fot that oh so important good nights sleep or are ye overcome by panic and stay up like the rest of us?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i havent studid all year and i go to bed at arround 11!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I haven't studied at all in Senior cycle at all :/ Started revising when we got study leave a week or two back and not seen what all the fuss is about. These lunatics ringing in to Liveline yesterday about this English change and saying how they have to study for an extra 10 hours or some bull, my days such crazies

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i didnt start to studyuntil a few days before the leaving began and i still go to bed at 11,although i dont go to sleep until about 12.30 because i'm watching tv

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

i Was about to study ... Then the Boards.ie Virus infected me !!! 'Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn' :rolleyes:

But seriously I will be Up tonight going over Kingship and My auld pal Mr. Walcott:D Best way to spend our Friday nights:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I haven't studied at all in Senior cycle at all :/ Started revising when we got study leave a week or two back and not seen what all the fuss is about. These lunatics ringing in to Liveline yesterday about this English change and saying how they have to study for an extra 10 hours or some bull, my days such crazies

What a shower of nutjobs. I didn't study English all year, there's not much to it: you learn off quotes from poems, Macbeth, know the outline of your texts and your sorted. Other than that its really all down to your ability to write well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

OneArt wrote: »
    What a shower of nutjobs. I didn't study English all year, there's not much to it: you learn off quotes from poems, Macbeth, know the outline of your texts and your sorted. Other than that its really all down to your ability to write well.

You've hit the nail on the head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

I've been going to bed at around 10 each night. of course that involved film watching and music listening, but in essence, in bed with lights off.

Think I'll write up a my notes on Walcott and Bishop... then Write up my notes on the Comparative and Macbeth Quotes... then bed by half 11. The wake up extremely early and CRAM in the study hall... I'm lucky with the fact I already know all the texts quite well and don't actually need to study :D But I will as I want a decent grade in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

You sort of want to do that bit of last minute study to get the chance to boost your grade . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Plan to go to bed now and get up early to go over poets. Like to have the structure of my answers fresh in my head :)

Know Macbeth pretty well and know plenty of quotes, haven't learnt any previous essays though so hope it goes well!

Comparative - grand..

Don't forget unseen poetry everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I didn't go to sleep last night. spent about 7hrs studying maths. it definitely paid off, I'd say I would have failed if I didn't. haven't studied all year btw

CRAMMING FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Since tonight is my first time looking at most of the poets, and all of the Comparative, I shall be up for a while yet. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

amacachi wrote: »
    Since tonight is my first time looking at most of the poets, and all of the Comparative, I shall be up for a while yet. :)
    Same..my god I hate the comparative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I have to go over Rich, Macbeth and read over comparative a bit. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ramey

amacachi wrote: »

Ding ding! We have a winner. I agree, I'm completely the same even though we covered 5 poets in classes along with cultural context in great detail and also a bit of theme/issue, but it has all goneee out my head :confused:. Anyone else feel a bit the same? As in, no study all year and now covering everything?

Ramey wrote: »
    Anyone else feel a bit the same? As in, no study all year and now covering everything?

Im in that boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I'm going for Medicine so I've been studying since September. I don't know anyone else who's been working as long as me!

I haven't stayed up late so far. I got a nice early night for Maths today and I think it might have helped.

I'm going to have late nights next week tho. Irish Paper 2 and History are the worst. I feel like I'm going to have to re-learn those courses, cos I don't think I know them very well at all! Needed to study for them at the weekend... Having English moved really ****ed me over to be perfectly honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Anyone else feel a bit the same? As in, no study all year and now covering everything?

I'd say over 80% are in the same boat....including myself! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

and me! wish I studied tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ding ding! We have a winner. I agree, I'm completely the same even though we covered 5 poets in classes along with cultural context in great detail and also a bit of theme/issue, but it has all goneee out my head :confused:. Anyone else feel a bit the same? As in, no study all year and now covering everything?

Covered half of the comparative in an hour, so I should have plenty of time to get the whole lot in.
    I wish it had been in my head in the first place. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Oh yeah, just to clarify, the fact that I've been studying for months hasn't really helped at all. I still have to learn EVERYTHING again cos you just forget it all so quickly.

Don't feel bad for only starting now. You're the sensible ones in a way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jamarduexz

mink_man wrote: »
    i havent studid all year and i go to bed at arround 11!

That would be me but Dangerous Minds is on. :rolleyes:

Im just remembering the start of 5th year, The principal , Vice principal and ALL my teachers were like don't leave it till the last second to study, start now, and i thought ,, 'ahh goway 2 years away ill be grand'.... now im just thinking 'Oh Crap:S:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I know what happens in all the plays and poems an all but i havn't got a quote in my head! Ill be headin bed at one tonight! Up at 6, 2hrs cramming before the exam! :-) walcott better come up or im shìtting all over them ppl from louth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

No I don't study l8 at nite... durin the day I do about 4 r 5 hrs tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

yep guess i am,just gonna go over phili crucible and truman have no clue about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Did another all-nighter tonight.

However, I didn't properly start until around four. Really regretting that. I was just so bolloxed when I came home from Geography, and I went to sleep around six. Woke up at ten, was doing nothing really. Said I'd study all night, and, argh...

I know my comparative pretty well~ Cultural Context, that is! Really praying that will come up. I could bull**** theme and issue/etc, but I wouldn't have it in detail, since I wouldn't really have the time to look over it. Really worried about Macbeth; I only have a very vague idea of what goes on where. Eeep! Watched some Macbeth videos on Youtube a while ago though; one particularly striking one was Judi Dench playing Lady Macbeth during the sleepwalking. Gave me chills, it did!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Pulled an all nighter yesterday for geography, came home and went to bed for three hours and then up all night again at English. Looking forward to some prober sleep tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

I think last night was the first time in my life I studied on a Friday:o:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ive been doing a bitta work since september and i worked fairly well through 5th year but im not gong to be staying up all night studying.

that being said i did go to bed at four in the morning last night because i was on the phone...good thing i dont need much sleep:P

Advertisement