Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Thomas King?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I have seen his name a few times on ballot sheets,
    Today for the European Election he was listed as:

Thomas King of Kiltulla, Oranmore (No Image on the Ballot sheet)

Is running in elections a hobby of his or what?

2007 general election = 60 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Did you vote for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Can't say I did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

He was going for the council elections in the east city too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

He's from around carnmore cross.
    He's a tad bit crazy and his election posters were no more than a bit of board nailed to a telehraph pole with "vote thomas king" in black paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

He got my number 2. I know him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Is this the same Thomas King the photographer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I voted for a number of people I'd never heard of, in order to give the candidate from one party whose name begins with L a number 13. So I guess you could say I voted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Is this the same Thomas King the photographer?

No. He is a Farmer/Taxi Driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Claregalway123

hes running again this year??...can someone tell me why is he running???haha and why he doesnt have a photo

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

According to http://www.thejournal.ie/election-candidates-2011/galway-west/thomas-king/, he ran in the 2007 General Election and was referred to the DPP after failing to disclose his donation statement.

Sounds like just the man to promote the kind of honest and open political culture the country so badly needs… :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That page has more views than he has votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

padraig71 wrote: »
    According to http://www.thejournal.ie/election-candidates-2011/galway-west/thomas-king/, he ran in the 2007 General Election and was referred to the DPP after failing to disclose his donation statement.

Sounds like just the man to promote the kind of honest and open political culture the country so badly needs… :rolleyes:

I have it on good authority that the reason he didn't submit his donation statement was because he didn't receive a single donation and didn't think he needed to send a donation statement showing nothing. Judging by his election posters and his invisible campaign strategy, i'd be inclined to believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread is old. If he's running again then a new thread can be started.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement