Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Required grade for Pharm?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Just finished stage 1 Science - anyone know what the GPA for pharmacology entrance was last year, or is on average?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ghostswimmer

No real average on GPA. It fluctuates. Intake to pharm has changed in recent years due to increase in space available (move to Conway for labs especially). Then you also now have the denominated entry, so it alters. I've known people that barely passed 1st yr to get in. If you do ok, you should be ok.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

Just finished my pharm degree this year...:D. I'm not sure about the GPA required to get in to pharm but if you've work hard enough then you can be sure of a place. The degree is alot of work and you'll be in the library or in your room quite a but writing up reports, particularly in third year.

Good luck with the course, work hard and you'll be fine! Missin the course already, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ghostswimmer

Yup. Agree with all that Pharm 07 said. Especially 3rd yr. It is a marathon! Worth it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cajl2

Thanks! What are you going to do now that you've graduated? What are your prospects?

Advertisement