Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Saturday, ok to play match Sunday?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

As title suggests.
    I am booked to get a tattoo tomorrow morning (Saturday) first thing. I have just been told that I have a football match on Sunday.
    Would it be ok to play the match so soon after or would I be best to leave the tattoo until a later date?

I have to play the game!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Wait. No good will come of it. You'll be in bits and stand a good chance of cr@pifying your new tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Damn.
    Have had this booked a while. Feckin football...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Depends the location and how big the tattoo is i think.

If it's a relatively big piece in a highly mobile area or where it may get hit then hold off.

But yeah, diceicle is right i suppose

Its about 10 inches long, down along my side / ribs.

I'll try to book another appoinment.
    Ragin'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah book another appointment, i mean unless your playing the premiership of course and can skip the match :)

• Advertisement

Premiership? Pah, more important than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You shouldn't be exerting yourself much after getting a tattoo done. Sweating and stretching lots will be detremental to the tattoo. So as already said, postpone the tattoo or skip the match.

Yep cancelled the appointment. He's trying to fit me in during the week.

Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I hope you gave the artist 24 hours notice of a saturday cancellation.

It would be wildly inconsiderate to jerk someone around like that due to having something better to do.

No I didn't give 24 hours notice. I didnt post this thread until Friday night so that would have been a bit hard to do.
    Went in to see him, explained the situation and he agreed with cancelling it.
    Thanks for your concern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

you should have told him as soon as you knew you had other priorities, time is at a premium on a saturday, and by cancelling with short notice, you can be leaving the artist out of pocket.

Its like showing up to work, only to be told that the company doesn't need you today, and you aren't getting paid.

I didnt find out until late Friday night that the game was changed to Sunday, which is why I came on here with the question, hoping that I may still be able to go ahead with it. I had no way to contact him until Saturday morning when they opened the shop, at which I was in the queue when they opened; so he was informed at the earliest possible opportunity - granted not the 24 hours you specified.

Saturday mornings are drop in, although he does on occasion give appointments - which they did with me. So he didn't lose out on any business as a result.

I get what you're saying, but its not as if I just didn't bother turning up for no reason.

Advertisement