Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bluetooth Handfree Car Kit???

• 05-06-2009 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Just lookin for some advice, I'm looking for a handsfree kit for my car, I'm going to fit it myself so I'm just looking for recommendations on the best one and the best place to buy it?

I'm willing to spend up to 150euro

I love gadgets so the fancier the better. (I know it wont be too fancy with a cap of 150)

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

R6_ck-600_240x240.pngR6_ck-600_tech_240x240.png

This is fairly fancy: Nokia CK-600 Car Kit

Its €150 delivered. Its the latest model they have, its replacing the CK-15. The Ck-600 is removable quickly from the dash to help the car from being broken into.

If you get someone to supply and fit would be more the €220- €250 mark.

Full Specs Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

Don't do anything till you check out the THB Bury CC9060, I fit car alarms and phone kits for a living and it's the best I've seen in the last few years. Google it! you won't be disapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I got one about 2 months ago, and it's great. What it is is a rear view mirror that attach's to your existing mirror. It has an LCD screen in the centre of the mirror that will display the name of the person calling you. It does this by bluetooth, the best part is that is has a built in FM transmitter, so you just set a preset on your car radio to the frequency it displays and you can now hear the other person through the car speakers. There's also a bluetooth ear piece on the side of it, so if you don't want others in the car listening to your conversation you can place the ear piece in your ear.

There's no wires, and you just need to charge it up when the battery gets low using a standard Nokia mains/car charger.

They're under €60 delivered on eBay.

Great cheap workable gadget :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have the Parrot MK6100 in my car and its a great bit of kit, it worked no problems with lot of different types of mobiles.

They have a MKi9200 which has an SD slot, USB connection for ipod and other MP3 players and a line in
    http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Hey Guys

Just lookin for some advice, I'm looking for a handsfree kit for my car, I'm going to fit it myself so I'm just looking for recommendations on the best one and the best place to buy it?

In my experience, it all depends on the phone-kit combination.
    I had a nokia ck-7 and it was perfect with a nokia 6300 and made use of all the phone features.
    I then changed to a blackberry and the sound was very poor.
    Then I changed the kit to a non-fitted one and it seemed to suit the blackberry.
    I now have no sound issues.
    So I would make sure the the phone and kit work well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

billbond4 wrote: »
    I have the Parrot MK6100 in my car and its a great bit of kit, it worked no problems with lot of different types of mobiles.

They have a MKi9200 which has an SD slot, USB connection for ipod and other MP3 players and a line in
    http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits

I got the MKi9200 installed in my car recently and it's a fantastic gadget. Plays music direct from the iphone or ipod, and as you say, it has a SD slot, a USB connection and a line-out socket so you can connect almost anything to it. It has full phonebook integration and brilliant voice activation - I have some pretty obscure names in my address book and a dodgy Cork accent and it has never failed to pick up the right contact through the voice activation. When I was getting it I had a similar budget to yours but decided to push for this model and I'm glad I did.

The guy that installed it said that the Parrot range were the best of all the ones he installs so I'd say you can't go wrong with any of the other models.

Advertisement