Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modding Celica Gen 7 vvtli import

• 05-06-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hoping add hks hi power exhaust and induction kit, wondering costs involved to source locally as apposed to importing.

Also wondering cost of adding side skirts and rear lip and colour coded spray. Have trd front end from purchase, looking to give lower stance with additional mods. .
    Any ideas of costs and availability of service in Ireland.

Or best import options and sites.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there are lots of options for styling and performance for a Celica, which is best is fairly subjective.

I'd suggest you look at www.celica-club.co.uk
    It's an amazingly well run site, they have regular UK meets and attend the major shows. I'd also suggest you get yourself to Heatwave on the 14th as the Irish Celica owners club have a stand there. have a look at members cars and see what you like and don't like, then build up a picture of the direction you want your car to go in.

Don't just buy random cheap bits and hope it all comes together :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 edbren

thanks for advice, I know what your saying, to have a plan.
    I want to do a few simple tune ups first and then move forward in other directions. Visuals not that important, really looking to get a bit more power in lower rev range. I think an induction kit and cat back exhaust should make a difference. celica club uk has a rating on installs so that should give some indications. Other than that im open to suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 Fallon2304

The 2zzge engine is very finely tuned out of the factory.

For that reason there isn't a massive amount to be done unless you want to go down the road of turbo or supercharging. Both of which will cost in the region of 5k all in all.

My 99VVTLi is more or less standard bar a powerflow decat exhaust. Lightweight flywheel and clutch kit will help see an increase.

Induction kits are a touchy subject.

Short Ram intakes can cause problems with heat soak and dont generally give any gains, but do sound nice.

Cold air intakes do give gains, however its located find the fog light on the passanger side. Right beside all the nice big Irish puddles.

I'd definitely advise investing in a good air filter, itg or K&N.

As suggested, get onto www.celica-club.co.uk and do try to get to heatwave. I'll be there myself with a car on the celica stnad, more than happy to show u what I've done so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 good_deal

I have a DNX performance exaust back system for a 99 model celica, that I'm looking to swap for a standard celica exaust system. See pics on adverts link.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=121131

Let me know if you are interested in swapping.

Fallon2304 wrote: »
    I'll be there myself with a car on the celica stnad, more than happy to show u what I've done so far.

Which one was yours? the navy one?

• Advertisement

It was the white one.

the one at the end with the bodykit? nice car!

No, not the gen 6.

TRD kitted white Gen 7 between blue and navy Gen 7's

ah yes! I remember the car now. I think I was parked directly opposite you :)

Advertisement