Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Near UCD

Options
  • 05-06-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hey im going into 2nd year and im looking for student accomodation for next year.. as i lived on campus (belgrove) for first year i havent a clue about how to go about looking for a house to share with 3/4 friends.. ive looked on daft and googled student accomodation near ucd but im having not too much luck with the whole thing as many houses want you to rent straight away and renting during the summer would be pointless for us..has anyone any advice or know any house that would be available to rent from aug/sept?? your help would be very much appreciated ! thank you!:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭bnt

With DAFT, you can actually specify "close to UCD": click on "Sharing" or "Lettings", then "College Search", e.g. a search for houses near UCD returns this house.

One DAFT trick I've found: when you look at any place in the general area you want, hit "Location Map". The map shows all kinds of surrounding places too, ones that don't always come back from a search. It's a bit laborious to click on each house, but you can find places you would otherwise have missed. For example, this is next door to the one above, obviously from the same agency, yet the search did not return it. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gasper

Hey! I'm also looking for accomodation near UCD next year, if anyone can help.

I'm 20 year ol student from Slovenia. next year I'm going on an erasmus exchange in UCD. I didn't get acommodation in student campus, so now I'm looking for an acommodation of campus.

If anybody know some students who will be looking for a room mate, or a place where I can live in, please let me know

my email is cerargasper[at]gmail.com

have fun

Gasper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sazzie

thanks very much for that advice !! :D does anyone know what kinda rent i should be paying or be expecting to pay monthly??:eek::eek:

are student rental leases yearly or can you just rent from sept to may??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Most will want a 12 month lease, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Most will take what they can get. Ask for 9 months.

Sazzie, wait til August. Landlords are stuck for people now with the recession. So many immigrants have gone home and the place I stayed in this year (for 9 months) didn't even accept students before. I'm also expecting rent to fall by about 50 a month.

im just afraid of waiting til august and not finding anywhere !! do u mind me asking how u came accross the place you found?? was it through the internet or newspapers??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Always through the internet...90% of places in the paper will be on Daft. Plus, it gives more details and possibly some pictures. Just wait until late July/ early August and look for something then... in the meantime just get the hang of searching on daft. It would be quite possible that something you see now will still be available in a month or two due to lack of interest. You'll have no problem finding a place - it's not like it was 2-3 years back. Lastly, regardless of the price, negotiate! It won't do any harm :D

thanks very much for your advice !!!:D:D

Advertisement