Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder how many of you would like to study Chinese in China?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi, everybody. as title, i wonder how many of you would like to travel to China one day and stay for a while to improve your Chinese or learn more Chinese there? Any favorate city in your mind?
    I'm a Chinese teacher in Galway, I have been teaching Chinese here for two years. And I would like to open a Chinese learning centre somewhere in China.
    Thx for any advice n suggestion
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

I was in Shenzhen recently. I was amazed by China, it's like a whole different world over there. Outstanding. Will definetly go over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭poncho000

What dialect are you teaching - mandarin or cantonese? I have just travelled around china and will be going again next year so would be interested in your learning centre. Hong kong is a fantastic city and would be good for non chinese speakers because they have have a reasonable level of english there anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 yoko

i teach both Mandarin and Cantonese! Most of my students they have plan to travel or work in China. Some of them have now been working in China. I also know some friends who amazed me by their Chinese level. As i know they usually join a Chinese class in europe then go over to China and join a short or long term course which improve their Chinese a lot.
    Of course when you live in a country to learn their language is much easier and quicker.
    So that's why i think it should be interesting to open a learning centre in a popular tourist town in China.
    Yes, Hong Kong is such an international city, everybody speaks English. Also because Britian was there for a hundred years.
    but if you travel to any other place in China, speak a little bit Chinese will make your life so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm seriously considering the TEFL route, not sure how much time that would allow for language study but I would be extra motivated as my partner is from Tianjin. We havent decided where to live after marriage...
    I'd love if there was a total immersion type course that ran for 2 weeks to a month where you had to speak Mandarin 24/7 for the whole time and there was classes and social activities during it, again exclusively in Mandarin.
    Hmm, must research this.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mojawoja

Would love to. Just started with the Michel Thomas Mandarin course, only on CD 2 out of 14 but I'm finding it far more accessible than I imagined. I take it that Shanghai and HK wouldn't be suitable, Beijing then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement