Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember my L.C... Others memories?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

SwordsRed wrote: »
    Signing my name in the wrong space for my Irish oral. The examiner was brilliant. Somehow got into a conversation with him in in Irsh about Shels and Leeds United.
    :D I ended up talking about Galway United with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

piggies wrote: »
    everyone seems to have gotten A's in english :eek:

English is an easy enough subject if you are able to write intelligent bullsh*t and you know how the paper is graded (and know how they want you to answer).

I know you could say thaty about a lot of subjects but I hope you get my meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Exam dreaded - English Paper 1 (because the composition piece scared me) and Maths (both papers)

Highest mark - I got 3 A1's; English, Geography and, bizarrely, Irish (so did not deserve that!)

Lowest mark - B2 in Maths (did a great paper 2 but totally fcuked up paper 1)

Memories:
    - Drawing lots of stick men at the beach on my Geography report and thinking how strange it was that this was expected Leaving Cert standard!

-How relieved I was when English was over. I managed to conjure up a good short story out of nowhere and wanted to shout for joy when Sylvia Plath came up on Paper 2. :D

-Trying hard not to burst out laughing at the ridiculous accents on the Irish aural.

-Forgetting how to do a very simple integration in Maths and remembering how to do it a few hours later :(

-Forgetting a load of simple nouns in French. My solution to this problem was throwing down the English equivalent and sticking an accent over random vowels.

- Having a ridiculous "blonde moment" in Geography where I put down in one of the short questions that nuclear energy was a renewable energy source! Thankfully it was only worth a few marks

-One of my friends mixing up the French words for proud and ashamed, which resulted in her writing an essay that went along the lines of "I am proud that there is underage drinking and violence in my community" :pac:

-Forgetting a formula in Physics that cost me 12 marks on the paper. I probably would have gotten an A1 if I remembered that formula. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Exam Dreaded - English Paper 1 (composition :() and Physics (Just wanted to pass)

Highest Mark - 5 A1's
    Lowest Mark - B1 in french (Delighted!)

Memories
    - Dying in Accounting....and giving up on the leaving cert...(bitching about it on boards instead of studying economics)
    - Creating my own chocolate bar (green because it was avocado flavour) in Business:)
    - Results...confused at how i could done better in Physics than Economics
    - Eavan Boland not coming up :(
    - Finishing Maths paper 1 over an hour early knowing i had close to 100% (JOB!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Year 2008

Dreaded Paper - Maths, both papers.

Best Result - English B1

Worst Result - Maths D2

Memories
    • Fighting back the tears after Maths Paper 2
    • Fighting back the tears DURING Geography
    • The :eek: and :( at seeing "Company Accounts" on the Accounting paper
    • The stinging urge to kill the evil backstard who wrote the shambles that was the Acc. paper :mad:
    • The feeling of relief upon leaving the French and Irish exams.
    • The feeling of disappointment upon leaving Business (I was consistently getting As in school assessments, got a B2 in the Leaving)
    • The restless night and sheer terror on the night before and morning of the results
    • The numb feeling of shock after seeing the results (didn't do spectacularly well or badly, just wierd seeing it all on paper)
    • The fear when I counted up my results and thought I had missed my 1st choice
    • The relief when I realised I had miscounted and infact had 25 more points :o
    • That night :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Everyone thinks I'm male. >.< Does "purple" not sound terribly feminine?
    user_offline.gifreport.gif

i thonk its the "st" right before mixer which kinda makes it look like mister!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skally-wag

Dreaded paper: Geography(revision did not go well)
    Highest mark: Irish and french A1
    Lowest mark: Geography and biology B2

Memories:
    My delight at irish paper one when the essay on the health system came up, as i'd it prepared it before and looked at it right before I went in:D

My dismay during geography when I ran out of time and had to leave a 30 mark question out:mad:

Trying to hold back the tears during biology:(

My pleasant surprise on results day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Liking the idea of this thread.

Did mine in 2007 and 2008 but I cant remember much of 2007. :p

Highest mark: Chemistry 100% baby :pac:
    Lowest mark: Music A2

Memories:
    I think I've probably blocked out much of it but I do remember when I finished my applied maths exam.
    Walked out of the school with a huge grin on my face and a schoolbag full of warm beer. Then I went to the local pub, had a few games of pool and a few cold pints with a few of the lads.
    I cant remember anything after that.

I agree with one of the posters on the first page. I actually didnt know what to do apart from study for a few days after. Very weird experience.

Now I've done a complete u-turn and find it impossible to study. College will do that to ya.

Best of luck to all the 2009'ers

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Year 1984

Paper(s) you dreaded Can't remember ever really dreading an exam paper

Highest mark Business Organisation (A)

Lowest Mark French (F)

Memories of it Absolutely nothing at all. Can't remember what the weather was like, what songs were on the radio then, what any of the papers were like, nothing, zip, nada, zilch. It obviously made a lasting impression on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zaph wrote: »
    Year 1984

Paper(s) you dreaded Can't remember ever really dreading an exam paper

Highest mark Business Organisation (A)

Lowest Mark French (F)

Memories of it Absolutely nothing at all. Can't remember what the weather was like, what songs were on the radio then, what any of the papers were like, nothing, zip, nada, zilch. It obviously made a lasting impression on me.
    I would like to take this opportunity, man who has stolen my heart, to remind you that I was not even born then. :eek: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Year: 2007

Dreaded Paper: I guess English 2, but it was Economics about a month before hand (then I realised how predictable it was!).

Highest Mark: Geography, Irish - Both HL A1s. Left Geog an hour early, so checked the paper - got 99% :O.

Lowest mark: Several B2s at HL

Memories of it: The relief after English 1, the whispered shouts of "YES" as people saw Plath on Eng 2, jumping for joy coming out of English 2, football match before Irish Aural, weather breaking just as I got a bunch of time off, being disappointed after Physics, forgetting to do half a question in Economics becuase I was so excited about starting my last ever LC question, having a beer (and spilling loads) in the hallway in the few minutes between the end of Economics and when I left, winning a pub quiz the night I finished, results night was mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

alan4cult wrote: »
    Year: 2008 ... Gettting the Accounting to Balance

You got an account to balance in *that* exam?! Fair fecks :pac:

The ones I looked forward to were business, accounting and history. I left the English exam thinking I might have scraped a B3, ended up with an A1. Turns out, a chief examiner had remarked my exam and bumped me up from an A2 to an A1 - thank you whoever you are!

Did well in the accounting exam, but I remember being stuck for time with all the adjustments they threw in. Was a bit disappointed after the exam, but I did well in the end. Both cases go to show how wrong your own projections can be!

The greatest feeling was grabbing a marker and ticking off the last exam on my timetable when it was finished. I listened to 'Don't Stop Me Now' on my mp3 on the way home, and sent my first guilt-free texts for months. The sun was blazing, and I was deliriously happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Year ... 2002

Paper(s) you dreaded ... English

Highest mark ... Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry (A1)

Lowest Mark .... Accounting (B2)

Memories of it.... World Cup... coming out of my English exam to find out that we'd drawn with Germany :D Also running 2 miles home from school to make sure I got to see the Saudi Arabia game after the French aural.
    Also, being brought coffee during my Applied Maths exam. There are certain perks to being the only person in your school taking a subject...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lovemaths

Exam dreaded - Religion & Biology & Irish

Highest mark - B1 in Maths,Religion & English

Lowest mark - D1 in Irish

Memories : studying irish on the bathroom floor the night before lol...only place that was quiet! having a freeker before irish but delighted when the health system came up!!!

trying to learn the nephron.....officially the death of me

having a whole week off until religion exam and having to study when everyone else was free!!

leaving cert holiday...bulgaria 08 baby!!!

getting results and missing out on 1st choice by 10points and Irish....never cried so much in my life!! thinking back i was like a baby...totally ashamed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Year ... 2001

Paper(s) you dreaded ... Maths (was crap at it), Biology (was crap at it), History (there's just SO much writing!)

Highest mark ... French (B2 hons)

Lowest Mark .... Biology (C-something in pass)

Memories of it....

What? There's no Heaney?!

Being surprised at how calm I was before history. I'd had something resembling a panic attack before the mock exam but ended up doing fine. So didn't stress too much for the real thing :)

Being absolutely EXHAUSTED every evening during the exam period

Not being able to calculate my points on results day due to nerves and excitement

Having a very deep and meaningful discussion about Big Brother 2 before the German exam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Year ... 1996

Paper(s) you dreaded ... Business Organisation. Not because I was crap at it, but because there was just so fricking much to learn. My teacher drilled the 1990 Companies Act into us.

Highest mark ... History (A1), French (A2)

Lowest Mark .... Irish (B3)

(505 pts)

Memories of it....

I remember my Oral Irish exam really well, it was such a laugh. It turned out the examiner was from a nearby town (I commuted to a school in the city), so I was able to go on for ages about "m'áit dúchais", then I was waxed lyrical about my grá for Liam as an grúpa Oasis (it was the mid-90s in fairness :p). I was in there for almost 30 mins having a great ol' chat in here, I could have kept talking all day!

I had Maths Paper 2 and History on a Friday and was aiming for an A in both subjects. I swear, my right hand was stiff at the end of the day and my index and middle fingers were swollen and red from all the writing I had to do! I remember I had about 2 hours between Maths and History and had to run down the street for chips and coke (feck it, i needed the sugar and stodge) and back into an empty classroom to go over my research essay notes. I was so tired when I got home that my mother insisted on taking me for a drink down the local. :D

And then in my French exam, I had Celine Dion's "Pour que tu m'aimes encore" playing non-stop in my head the whole time!!! :eek: I hate Celine Dion, but I remember my teacher using the lyrics to help us understand the subjunctive. :D

By and large, I have to say I found the Leaving Cert to be OK. Living in the country, I had nothing to do except read and study anyway.

Advertisement