Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Audio --Soundproof doors

• 05-06-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi!
    I want to make very nice hi-fi system in my car, i know theres no any company in dub so i have to do it myself :)
    I justy have a question where can i buy a soundproff mat,some like acoustic carpet-sound deading ?
    Did anybody know?

kind regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there are a few companies in Dublin that could help you. Halfords sell sound deadining. but look online for Brownbread or B-quiet - depends on how much you wanna spend. I've heard of guys using inexpensive household insulations with satisfactory results, all comes down to the standard you want and how deep your pockets are.

What speakers are you using?
    What car is it?
    What do you want/need from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 .:PhaRaoN:.

thx for reply,

I will check tomm Halfords,i couldn't find Brownbread in some dublins shop (that stuf looks ok)

Car is a BMW e46 2002
    i will fit in front door Infinity Kappa (separated system) 165mm 90RMS /later will change for DLS R6A / :)
    amp is uDimesion Glow 4075 and Sub will be Focal 27V1 Polyglass in closed box :)

Well,i ecxpect really good sound,i mean deep and strong-fast bass with very good mid and high sound scene,where i can hear everything like never before ;)
    Thats why i need really good proof of my door(without that put there any good set of speakers doesn't make any sense ;)

kind regards,

at least you have a good base, the doors in the e46 are nice and heavy! Halfords had brownbread the last time I looked - but it's pretty pricey.

Hi!
    I was today in Halfords,they have a sound deading mat...
    price for one sheet 0,45 x 0,81 is 40e :eek:
    I count and i might need about 5/door,so thats mean it can cost me there 400e :D they really crazy with that prize :cool:
    i have to find some else....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

definatley go for the edead i got 60ft of it ther recently and the difference it has made in my e39 is wicked buy plenty of it and put it everywhere you can get too you will be surprised at the difference it makes J.(Auto Electrical Concepts)

Hi!
    I know that it makes great difference,its not my first caraudio ;)
    i've ordered dynamat (4 sheet 45x91) and 8 sheet vibroplast.that should be
    planty for my doors ;)

regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Does this sheet stuff keep out normal road noise?

I'm just wondering because it sounds like it might. And if so why don't cars all come with this stuff or is there some fire hazard?

read the description in the ebay link BW. yeah it works alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

Does this sheet stuff keep out normal road noise?

I'm just wondering because it sounds like it might. And if so why don't cars all come with this stuff or is there some fire hazard?

all cars do come with a certain amount of the soundeadining in them as standard just not enough if you are putting in big stereo the manufacturers only put in enough to stop the panels vibrating
    usually you will find in the front doors that there is a small patch maybe 1ft by 1ft in the center of the door just to stop vibration but as with all things in modern cars it could use a bit more
    the sound deadening stops the sound from vibrating the panel and reflects the sound back into the car and also deflects outside road noise so a quiter sound enviroment for you to enjoy your tunes

and in reply to you last question no there is no fire hazard
    :)all the best J. (Auto Electrical Concepts)

Advertisement