Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big German compendium of merriment and wonder!

Options
  • 05-06-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any predicitons on

What will come up within the letter
    In the Ausserung (general theme or two that we could be covering)
    Grammar section?

I'm really really confident I did a top notch oral, fully understood her and we chatted away about loads of stuff for like 30-35 minutes.. I'm very confident in my Listening too so I'm really looking to score some more in the written to go for the high B or possibly an A!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

I was wondering that myself but I don't think you can predict either of them.There isn't any real pattern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I was wondering that myself but I don't think you can predict either of them.There isn't any real pattern.

Aye but recent events point to certain topics being covered - not that difficult to find a correlation between possible topics and current events if you are tuned in to the papers, which I'm not

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Neither am I:pac:.The papers were set before Christmas so whatever was a big topic then.Obama maybe?Recession?Maybe unemployment/homelessness?

Neither am I:pac:.The papers were set before Christmas so whatever was a big topic then.Obama maybe?Recession?Maybe unemployment/homelessness?

Good post.

Money and employment is a VERY CENTRAL THEME make sure you do this.

Part time jobs
    Saving
    Pocket money
    Working while attending school
    Recession

All involve money and the spending, saving and managing of it, not to mention earning which you can beef up with your nebenjob stuff!

I'd say general differences between here and Germany are vital too as they can come up, and they're handy for throwing in the letter to ask the penfriend some questions to show off your verb skills or when you feel you've not written enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Anyone have any predicitons on

What will come up within the letter
    In the Ausserung (general theme or two that we could be covering)
    Grammar section?

I'm really really confident I did a top notch oral, fully understood her and we chatted away about loads of stuff for like 30-35 minutes.. I'm very confident in my Listening too so I'm really looking to score some more in the written to go for the high B or possibly an A!

Ah now that is a bit of an exaggeration. They'll never keep you in there for that long especially if there's someone scheduled to go in after you.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ah now that is a bit of an exaggeration. They'll never keep you in there for that long especially if there's someone scheduled to go in after you.

No it is not an exaggeration, why would I post an outright lie? I'm not from anywhere near Louth, I can be trusted, badum tish.

The examiner interviewed all of us for 25 minutes minimum per person and I was very last and stayed until like 5pm to actually do my exam. Talked for up on 30 minutes at the very, very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Claypigeon wrote: »
    No it is not an exaggeration, why would I post an outright lie? I'm not from anywhere near Louth, I can be trusted, badum tish.

The examiner interviewed all of us for 25 minutes minimum per person and I was very last and stayed until like 5pm to actually do my exam. Talked for up on 30 minutes at the very, very least.

I don't understand this at all.
    General questions are meant to last 4.5-5 minutes.
    I don't see how the pictures/projects and roleplay could go longer than usual...
    Was it just general questions that went on? Did she want to give you all A's?
    Very strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Uaschamóg

I don't understand this at all.
    General questions are meant to last 4.5-5 minutes.
    I don't see how the pictures/projects and roleplay could go longer than usual...
    Was it just general questions that went on? Did she want to give you all A's?
    Very strange!

QIA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

id say for grammer it will be two of the following
    tenses especially the imperfekt.
    questioning words
    pronouns such as mich/dich and mir/dir
    conjunctions

Advertisement