Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps street view in Cork

Options
  • 06-06-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Saw the google maps car driving around bishopstown on Wednesday, it was taking pictures for street view. Anybody have an idea when they will have it online?

The car looked the same as the one below with a spainish reg

3351461422_4627c42c87.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Did u give it the 1-fingered salute? ya know to become e-famous and all that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

It was on Rossa Avenue on Thurday pm

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Passed it on the road to Limerick about a month ago. It was driving towards Limerick, somewhere on the Limerick side of Charleville.

Wasn't quick enough to flip the bird :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mini5476

I drove passed it by Lennox's on Bandon Road the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

yea saw it in bishopstown too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Aye, I say it on the motorway heading for Cork last week.

Saw one in Dublin on the same day. I think it'll be next year before its on google maps and such.

Oh I cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It was down by the marina in Blackrock this lunchtime. It was thwarted by the height barrier though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

I saw a red Opel camera car in Castlemarytr about 3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

My father said it was around Douglas on Wednesday. Didnt see it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Steve_H

Passed it this morning on the road to Blackpool. The driver seemed to enjoy my moon... ;-)

Like the original poster asked - noone has any idea when the images go live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Steve_H

So to answer my own question - "3/4 months up to a year" has been mentioned in the link below....it's like waiting for santa at christmas... :D

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/12505//google-street-view-coming-to-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

saw it this aftenoon in ballinlough! i didnt have a clue what it was when i first saw it, i should have swerved out in front of him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

OH, I hope to god it didn't drive past when there was a hiace parked outside the house. Don't want to look at my house with THAT outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Don't worry lots of Hiaces down that way, sure isn't it just next door to Mahon.... (Runs and gets coat) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Google car zooming around Blackpool this morning. Red Astra.

Advertisement