Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800 xpress MMS issue

• 06-06-2009 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi All,

I need help with a small problem. I recently bought a 5800 and love it but when i get a picture via mms its very small (thumbnail size).
    I was wondering is there a setting i need to change to be able get pic full size.
    I have checked MMS & camera settings and there all set to large. The pics come in fine via bluetooth. Any info would be greatful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you check:

Menu > Messaging and Options > Settings > Multimedia message > Image size?

Or when you recive a mms. Go Options > objects
    It will show you anything that comes in the mms and you can save them to the gallery. Open then and should be bigger size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you're the second person to say this in the past few days. Are you on o2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermster

Davy wrote: »
    Did you check:

Menu > Messaging and Options > Settings > Multimedia message > Image size?

Or when you recive a mms. Go Options > objects
    It will show you anything that comes in the mms and you can save them to the gallery. Open then and should be bigger size.

Tried this already...... no joy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    you're the second person to say this in the past few days. Are you on o2?

Yes i'm with O2 , I rang them and they just sent on settings again. The girl said it will take a while to take affect(an hour or 2) still waiting on outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I don't think this is a settings problem. Here's the other thread with this problem:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055580941

That guy has the same phone as you but he says it happened on his old phone too. Call O2 and tell them you know someone else having the same problem and they might take it more seriously

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have the same problem aswell, but strangely it only happens sometimes.

Im on o2 aswell, same phone.

the picture will either be tiny, or sometimes its the normal size, i always put it down to the persons phone re-sizing the pitcure when its sending.

Did you ring o2 ? the more people ringing the better, they might do something then. Keep onto them.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I don't think this is a settings problem. Here's the other thread with this problem:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055580941

That guy has the same phone as you but he says it happened on his old phone too. Call O2 and tell them you know someone else having the same problem and they might take it more seriously

Yeah didnt think the settings would work, got back onto o2 told them it didnt work, there looking into it :rolleyes: hopefully the morepoeple that ring them they'll do something.

Thanks for your help
    D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

I have been dealing with this issue on our forums and I am waiting to hear back from tech on the issue. It will probably be monday before I get an answer with it being the weekend but I will let you know what I find out.

Sorry I can't help more right now. I don't have a 5800 to hand so I can't test this issue out.

I have been dealing with this issue on our forums and I am waiting to hear back from tech on the issue. It will probably be monday before I get an answer with it being the weekend but I will let you know what I find out.

Great an o2 person:D. I use MMS alot also and would love my pics coming in on my lovely new 5800 screen:cool:. Try post as soon as you find something.

Thanks
    D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

Hi guys,

Having the exact same problem here, ive tried 2 5800's and still not resloved, seen as its working on vodafonel, could it be that there using newer software?

I have just pinged them about the issue now so I hope to hear something soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thanks Daryll. I'm the guy on the other thread here with the same issue.
    I was using a HTC Touch Pro on 02 prior to the 5800 and had the same issue so it's not the phone. Looks like it's a restriction on my 02 profile or something. Appreciate the help.

Btw, the image size settings on the phone are for outgoing messages only not images being received.

Hopefully they find something.

ohandels wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Having the exact same problem here, ive tried 2 5800's and still not resloved, seen as its working on vodafonel, could it be that there using newer software?

Yeah, I too tried two different 5800's (Mine and my wife's) both on o2 network. Lets hope its that simple and the firmware is the difference.

Dermster wrote: »
    Yeah, I too tried two different 5800's (Mine and my wife's) both on o2 network. Lets hope its that simple and the firmware is the difference.

I tried the original firmware v11, then updated to v20 then v21. Firmware makes no difference.:(

I could be totally wrong but I can't see the problem being anything other than something at 02's end.

Just to update I am still waiting for an answer.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I tried the original firmware v11, then updated to v20 then v21. Firmware makes no difference.:(

I could be totally wrong but I can't see the problem being anything other than something at 02's end.

Its defo looking that way, hopefully Daryll is able to find out something.;)
    o2 are usaully good at putting issues like this to bed.

I heard back from the head of the MMS group just now and she has been in touch with Nokia and they are investigating internally aswell & will update as soon as we can on what is causing it.

Does anyone know the demensions of the thumbnail images being recieved?

• Advertisement

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

My cousin sent me a picture the other day that was tiny. Thought it was my 5800. Glad to know it's her O2!!! :D

Any update on this Daryll?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gull

Did anyone get anywhere with this, drives me mad. I get sent loads of MMS and have always been with O2, its only been an issue since I got the Nokia 5800. :mad:

Still looking into it apparently......

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4175

I know it has been a while guys but we got a fix from Nokia and this is being uploaded to the network today. If you are still having issues after today please let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

So was the problem with a Nokia part of the Network?

I know it has been a while guys but we got a fix from Nokia and this is being uploaded to the network today. If you are still having issues after today please let me know.

Thanks Daryll Tested and workin here.
    billbond4 wrote:
    So was the problem with a Nokia part of the Network?
    Who cares as long as it wasn't my fault.:pac:

Thanks Daryll...........works fine now :D . I knew o2 wouldnt let us down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Im having the problem on my SE Xperia, seems that the Nokia network gremlins are still lurking for the Windows Mobile phones.

Advertisement