Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever forgot where you parked?

• 06-06-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

I found the ultimate gps keyring that lets you lock your current location, and the thing will guide you back to your car. Linky here. :)

p2387h.jpg

p2387ex2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

70pounds,

Bit steep. I prefer the exercise walking around trying to remember.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Hal1 wrote: »
    I found the ultimate gps keyring that lets you lock your current location, and the thing will guide you back to your car. Linky here. :)

p2387h.jpg

p2387ex2.jpg

I don't have a car, Oh SH*T i do , where the f*ck is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

can see this being a bit hit with the blondes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

I've got an iPhone app that does the same thing, but I've never needed to use it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I was spoilt when I first started driving I was driving this (bad pic sorry) it stood out a mile in any car park :)
    Caddy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

This interview has probably been posted on Motors many times but it is my favourite. It has absolutely nothing to with the Key ring finder but does talk about a lost car that was never found.

Introducing Ranulph Fiennes on Top Gear. A legend of a man

http://www.topgear.com/us/videos/more/celebrity-ranulph-fiennes-interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My GPS has this function already, it memorises the last point it was disconnected from the plug in the car and can take you back to it, but it's quite hard to miss my van anyway :)

You'd be better off just spending the extra £70 on a GPS that has this function!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It wouldn't suit everyone, but if you had a fleet of white transits in a supermarket carpark it could be handy. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

if your the type of person who loses a car...then chances are you also lose your keys...now that is a scary thought...talk about assisted car theft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

There's nothing like that moment of blind panic when you're walking towards where you usually park, be it in work or wherever, fumbling in your pocket for your keys.

You get closer, and realise the parked there isn't yours.

"Oh god, where's my car, oh ffs!"

"Oh wait, its over there. There was someone in my space this morning." :$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

One day, in 2003, I spent considerable time and effort assisting a gentleman who couldn't find his car in the Red Long Term car park in Dublin Airport only to later discover that he had parked it in Shannon! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Some time ago, driving in the UK, OH and I stopped at a massive shopping centre in Slough. After shopping we returned to the multi-storey car park, but not only could I not find my car, I couldn't even find the right floor. Finally I found a guy in some kind of uniform and asked him where floor S4 was. "No such floor in this park", he said.

Long argument with me insisting there was a bloody floor S4 when I arrived, so what had they done with it? It turned out that there were two adjoining and interconnected multi-storeys, and my car was in the other one, but it took me nearly an hour and a severely stressed wife before I found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

this time last week i took half an hour to find my mo mo in bray.
    just as well i had earlier picked up some nice clothes at a bargain price.
    boyfriend to stand on roof of car next time i go shopping !!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

ART6 wrote: »

Long argument with me insisting there was a bloody floor S4 when I arrived, so what had they done with it? It turned out that there were two adjoining and interconnected multi-storeys, and my car was in the other one, but it took me nearly an hour and a severely stressed wife before I found it.

Strangely I only get lost driving and sometimes forget where my car is when my wife is with me. Never happens when I am on my own.

Only last week we got off airport bus in red car park, zone D, in Dublin airport on her swearing she was correct. Checked row 7 and no car. Took a walk to where I thought it was, zone E, row 7 and hey presto I found my car. Bloody women !

No ticket stub to write location on. We used pre-paid parking for half the price and car numberplate gets scanned on arrival and departure. No ticket involved. Will catch many more out before summer is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Luke Crowley

I've only ever lost a car once, and that was a grey Chevy Cavalier rental in a car park that must have contained fifty grey Chevy Cavaliers. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Taking cars from work, I've forgot which one I was driving a few times :) made for interesting walks around Liffey Valley..

Advertisement