Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Day of the Dance Music Production forum

Options
  • 06-06-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Has been a resounding success I think?

yeah/no?

let's not let the novelty wear off folks.

Fair play to Neurojazz for already playing a stormer what with the stickies and the incredible sample pack.

Hurrah!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It'll be great fun plagarising all your skills/tricks. Glad we got it and thanks to the Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

Needs more cowbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

But seriously, good start and a good few interesting posts. I especially liked the drum tutorial video and also the part where I accused the creator of a sample pack of illegally pirating his own sample pack.

My only complaint is that I wasted half of Friday night reading the thing instead of making music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

splitrmx wrote: »
    But seriously, good start and a good few interesting posts. I especially liked the drum tutorial video and also the part where I accused the creator of a sample pack of illegally pirating his own sample pack.
    haha, that must go down as one of the funniest things to ever happen round here. a true classic!!:D
    splitrmx wrote: »
    My only complaint is that I wasted half of Friday night reading the thing instead of making music.
    figure out how to do both and you're laughing. I tend to find t'internet a great way of not driving myself nuts working on music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Hehe, i've had worse / done worse ;) - will be fun :)

It's a pity the EULA on the Omnisphere is so tight - they won't let me post any samples of that instrument, i would make for a nice sample base for backing/weirdness/intros.

The next lot of info / samples i'll post will be for basic Reason users... If someone can make a Fruityloops '101' (starting at 4 2 the floor) - would be awesome.

Then i'll move into Cubase tuts heavily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

In the dropdown from music, the DMPF now has a link from the Dance/Electronic forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i must admit im very excited about this forum.
    i feel we have a good base of experienced producers as well as new producers which will lead to some very good discussions.
    ive been on other forums but feel this forum will offer a no nonsense approach to dance music production.

with memeber like neurojazz and jtsuited going out of ther way to offer a totally different and hands on experience to experienced and new producers im actually astounded at the resources already available to forum memebers and look forward to further contributions.

neurojazzs,s fanatasic sample library and jtsuites meet up is such a great experience for any new or experienced producer to participate in.these two experiences alone offer something that no other forum ive been on has offered.

so yeah i think the forum has gotten off to a flying start and hope that it continues to go from strenght to strenght

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well done lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Nothing that hasn't really been covered befor IMO.

How many kick drum threads have there been already?

Or show us your gear, or panning, or mastering?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

studiorat wrote: »
    Nothing that hasn't really been covered befor IMO.

How many kick drum threads have there been already?

Or show us your gear, or panning, or mastering?
    to be honest i think its great thats these kick drum threads dont decend into what type of mic is best for a kick,type of placement etc.its just how to get a good kick for a club track.

plus we got samples!!!!! audio example of these techniques,people backing upthere ideas

i dont see many show us your gear threads to be honest,and any of the ones ive seen are all attainable(no big desks or expensive hardware).

if its been covered beforoe in MP it doesnt matter as there a whole host of new user who are visiting a production forum for the first time because of this forum and its all new to them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Fair play to everyone. Just started messing about with Reason in the last few months and am getting sucked in big time. Found this forum which is brilliant. Definately be looking at neurjazz's kick drums when home this evening. Keep up the good work.

Advertisement