Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prices??

• 06-06-2009 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Recently I took photos for someone, when you take your costs out ie prints what mark-up do you put on them?
    What %??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

depends on the pics that were done ? was it a fashion shoot ? sports game ? PR Job ? or something completely different ?

I would say 10x8 prints for €20-25 - but you could go lower depending on your clients budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

padocon wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Recently I took photos for someone, when you take your costs out ie prints what mark-up do you put on them?
    What %??

What about your time and captial investment? then you have post processing and the costs of delivery.

Taking all into consideration not less than a 200% mark up on the cost of prints and up to 500%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Im not a pro, Amateur only.
    Say if a print costs you 19c (5x7) is 5euro plenty if its a 5 min job, ie function?

Corkbah wrote: »
    depends on the pics that were done ? was it a fashion shoot ? sports game ? PR Job ? or something completely different ?

I would say 10x8 prints for €20-25 - but you could go lower depending on your clients budget.

It was a conformation, not studio just in their back garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The standard basic 8x10 seems to go for around €20-25.

But, if it's a paid shoot (ie, you're asked to attend, shoot, and then produce images), then that's normally a lot more than simply a per image fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Padraig i'd be careful with this,As you certainly wouldn't want to overcharge them,The price paul is quoting are images done by a porfessional or someone who's making a living off photography,For a 5X7 €10 would be a good price.IMO

Thanks, Yea, for an event covering I'd prob do 5x7 at 5euro.
    As for confo, 25-35 euro I guess

Advertisement