Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karl Hungus mod from films abusing power

Options
  • 06-06-2009 3:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

i started a thread in films asking about where i can watch online movies for free. the thread was deleted, i got infraction points and i apologized as i had not read the charter and didnt realise this was against the rules. i then asked the mod could he/she pm a link for watching online for free.

FINDING OUT VIA PM: THIS IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES AND IS NOT IN THE CHARTER

i am then banned from that section of boards. its a joke.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Did you miss me that much Pigman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thechamp88

Did you miss me that much Pigman?

who or wtf is pigman. i deserve to be unbanned as i did not break any rules after the first set of infraction points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Using this site to conduct any illegal activity is against the rules.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Using this site to conduct any illegal activity is again the rules.

self pawnage is awesome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Requesting links to illegally view movies is against the rules of boards.ie, ESPECIALLY if it's Return to Oz :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

thechamp88 wrote: »
    self pawnage is awesome

I bet you tell yourself that every time you have a ****.

who or wtf is pigman. i deserve to be unbanned as i did not break any rules after the first set of infraction points

facepalm_implied2944.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What rules?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

i deserve to be unbanned

222.jpg
    May the fail be with you!

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    What rules?

DeV.

the forum rules. the first thread i started i broke rules and got infraction points. i haven't broke any since then but yet i still got perma banned from films

this has to be overturned

the forum rules. the first thread i started i broke rules and got infraction points. i haven't broke any since then but yet i still got perma banned from films

rivit.jpg

What about the site-wide rules? You know, the ones you agreed to when you signed up?

orestes wrote: »
    What about the site-wide rules? You know, the ones you agreed to when you signed up?

so requesting links VIA PM is against the rules? i think not

Requesting means to perform illegal activities is illegal on boards.ie, regardless of the medium

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

boards.ie has a set of site wide rules, a wee manual if you will...

RTFM.jpeg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No requesting link in general is not,
    Requesting links to view copyright material which you do not have the rights to view is both against boards.ie rules and Irish Law.

This applys if you are actually downloading the content or simply streaming it which is merely another form of downloading as data is still downloaded to your PC.

If you have not been given permission by the copyright holder then you can not view this copyright material, the fact that you don't understand this and think it is legal shows you actually don't understand the law or boards.ie rules

The fact you got banned and then were dumb enough to PM a mod asking for this content shows that you actually needed to be banned for your own good.

btw Hi Pigman :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

probably is. i dunno. you cant spell relaxo without relax

i still believe i sould be unbanned. not that i had any interest in film forum apart from that

and srsly wtf is this pigman sh1t. an old poster? well i am not him so sry to spoil ur fun

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Boards doesn't condone piracy. Doubtless we've all got our own personal views on it and it's no business of the site what people choose to do in their own homes but we don't facilitate it. Additionally, going to the films board merely to get a few dodgy links isn't what the board is for. End of.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement