Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road schemes completion dates

• 06-06-2009 4:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

I thought I might start a thread dedicated to this. An outline of our own predictions judged on the view of construction pace. It will give people an idea of how long more major road schemes are going to take. For instance Im not sure when sections of the M9 and M3 are going to be completed. This thread would give people an idea of where our motorway network will be in the next year or so.

I'll start(my opinion):

N18 Gort-Crusheen Q3/Q4 2010
    M7 Limerick-Nenagh Q4 2009
    N7 Limerick Tunnel Q4 2010
    M7 Nenagh-Castletown Q1 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

M7/M8 PPP - Q3 2010...I am impressed with the rate of progress in some areas in recent months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

N25 (M25?) Waterford city bypass: October according to local media reports

M9 Waterford-Knocktopher: September according to an e-mail from the project office (courtesy of mfitzy I think), although given that they're only doing the earthworks around Mullinavat now, I don't know how in hell they reckon they're going to achieve that. Hopefully they'll surprise us all!

M9 Knocktopher to Carlow bypass:Q2 2010 is the estimate, isn't it?

M6 Athlone - Ballinasloe: Late August 09.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Possibly late July for M6 Ballinasloe to Athlone, as I think they're trying to get it done for the Galway Races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

fricatus wrote: »
    N25 (M25?) Waterford city bypass: October according to local media reports

Certainly looking forward to driving that when its completed. Its a pity so many are opening towards the end of the year as good pictures before opening will be hard to come by with the winter weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Possibly late July for M6 Ballinasloe to Athlone, as I think they're trying to get it done for the Galway Races.

Heard that as well from a few sources and Sponge bob on here reckons so as well. If it's finished by the races, great but I don't know see why there would be a push for it.
    Except for the likely congestion on the diversion in Athlone the traffic is still going to get dumped back onto the old N6 East of Ballinasloe.

Btw, my guess for the M6 (Ballinasloe to Galway) is July/August 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Castletown - Nenagh is not behind schedule.

All roads will be completed by the end of 2010, The only official statment was the M87/M8 scheme go on till 2011.

mysterious wrote: »

All roads will be completed by the end of 2010, The only official statment was the M87/M8 scheme go on till 2011.

What official statement was that mysterious? I must have missed it.

Theres about 36km of mainline to be done, 2010 doesnt seem likely. I didnt see any start on junction 22 when I passed it which should be advanced at this stage. Also how many structures have you seen completed along the route mysterious?

All the bridges from Toome to Monegalll are up. The Monegall interchang now has the pillars up, its a montrosity of a bridge. The decks have yet to go up. The earthworks is massive here, so they are focusing on this section now.

From Roscrea onwards I haven't a clue. I just have not heard any problems with this scheme so far. So I dont see what the problem is getting it completed by the end of 2010. Its one of the last schemes to start anyway.

They have to redesign the Nenagh bypass interchange, that arch heap of shiit has to go! Mainline R445 should be built further east where the existing old N7 used to go straight accross. Three roundabouts is the current plan and a few houses will be made into an island due to the news onslips lmao. Can someone please give me the names in pm of the people who are designing this crayon exhibition event.. seriously Please pm the names.

I need to know, its just not funny anymore.

NRA= Orangetans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

Define "all" and "up".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Three roundabouts is the current plan and a few houses will be made into an island due to the news onslips lmao. Can someone please give me the names in pm of the people who are designing this crayon exhibition event.. seriously Please pm the names.

I need to know, its just not funny anymore.

NRA= Orangetans.
    Someone take Mysterious's soft drinks away, he's getting a sugar buzz again! And his crayons!

Come back to us with two things; the correct spelling of Orangutan, and the location and maps of the junction you're rabbiting on about.

spacetweek wrote: »
    Someone take Mysterious's soft drinks away, he's getting a sugar buzz again! And his crayons!

Come back to us with two things; the correct spelling of Orangutan, and the location and maps of the junction you're rabbiting on about.

Ok..:)

N18 Gort-Crusheen Q3/Q4 2010 (nov-dec)
    M7 Limerick-Nenagh Q4 2009 (early dec)
    N7 Limerick Tunnel Q3/4 2010 (september)
    M7 Nenagh-Castletown Q3 2010(september-november)

All other schemes in planning or procedding will be opened in 2153.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Latest Transport 21 newsletter

http://www.transport21.ie/Publications/upload/File/T21_Newsletter_Summer_2009.pdf

Of particular note:

"By the end of 2009 Kilcullen to Carlow on the N9 will open as well as the Waterford bypass on the N25, N7 Nenagh to Limerick, N9 Waterford to Knocktopher and N6 Galway to Ballinasloe."

Latest Transport 21 newsletter

http://www.transport21.ie/Publications/upload/File/T21_Newsletter_Summer_2009.pdf

Of particular note:

"By the end of 2009 Kilcullen to Carlow on the N9 will open as well as the Waterford bypass on the N25, N7 Nenagh to Limerick, N9 Waterford to Knocktopher and N6 Galway to Ballinasloe."

Annoying how even the T21 editors can't distinguish an 'M' from an 'N'.

There are growing indications that the M7 N-L scheme will not open this year (though I remain sanguine), and as for the M6 G-B, this is very unlikely to open in 2009, though I'd be delighted to wrong on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭dmeehan

what are the actual scheduled completion dates for the 2 M7 schemes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 smashingred

They're really taking the piss on that Limerick-Nenagh road.It started in December 2006 & they're still not finished!I know there were issues with contractors not being paid & a bog but even allowing for that, it's just not good enough.

dmeehan wrote: »
    what are the actual scheduled completion dates for the 2 M7 schemes?

Originally
    Q2 2009 Nenagh-Limerick
    Q3 2010 Nenagh-Castletown

Now
    Q4 2009 Nenagh-Limerick

They're really taking the piss on that Limerick-Nenagh road.It started in December 2006 & they're still not finished!I know there were issues with contractors not being paid & a bog but even allowing for that, it's just not good enough.

There is still an issue with the bog theyre getting there though, the Nenagh bypass upgrade is going well at the moment, one carriageway up to the roundabout should be done soon. Traffic is restricted to only one side of the carriageway at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

i take it there isnt any toll on it.otherwise on time.on budget r close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Furet wrote: »
    Annoying how even the T21 editors can't distinguish an 'M' from an 'N'.

There are growing indications that the M7 N-L scheme will not open this year (though I remain sanguine), and as for the M6 G-B, this is very unlikely to open in 2009, though I'd be delighted to wrong on that.

Technically they're correct, I think. The contract was signed and they are being built as N roads. The Roads Act just allows then to be made a motorway magically.

Next week I promise to take pictures of the C- N M7 scheme. There seems to be no hold ups and all is going well a bit slow as we all know. But the completion date of summer 2010 is very reachable. They are laying tarmac on some sections already. It's hard to know how advanced they are from Roscrea to Borris in ossary though.

Fingers crossed they go with my design on the Nenagh- Toome Tie in.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭D.L.R.

Fingers crossed they go with my design on the Nenagh- Toome Tie in.:)

I don't know if you are taking the piss, or if you actually have these expectations. Either way, its very amusing.

Advertisement