Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English P2 Aftermath

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Claypigeon wrote: »
    "Only 12.5%"? :P Means you've already lost the potential of an A1, not a matter of only or justs. If you did well otherwise you can be confident of a good B still i'd say

If she basically didn't do any prescribed poetry, apart from kida doing Longley, doubt she really cares about getting an A1!

No offense meant to her, she just doesnt seem that bothered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

phic wrote: »
    If she basically didn't do any prescribed poetry, apart from kida doing Longley, doubt she really cares about getting an A1!

No offense meant to her, she just doesnt seem that bothered!

Truth, but it's easy marks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah I don't really care, would like to get a C

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Thinking back to my cc question is really bothering me:(

The one with the conflict and interaction with society. I wrote loads about the conflict found, but the thing is, my 3 texts, Philadelphia HIC, Curious Incident and Inside im Dancing featured the main characters having LITTLE interaction with their respective worlds.:confused:

I just went on about how they were isolated from the societies because of their differences(Michael is disabled and so is marginalised) etc and that Gar refused to interact because of his emotionally stunted upbringing. Only Christopher managed to adapt in his world.

Reckon I'll be alright? Its just been bugging me cause I'm looking for a B1, maybe even an A and hope I don't achieve because I didn't read the feckin question properly!

did you do the first or second CC question?

• Advertisement

did you do the first or second CC question?

The 1st one that wasn't split into parts

yeah so did I. ehm I said that chris IS in conflict with his culture cos he doesn't want to interact with the world and he dreams of being an astronaut, and he has that ideal where there's a virus and it kills everyone except him.
    and I said bout Gar that he has the ideal of being known as 'the bachelor' in america, and how that not being married would be weird in his society.
    I just said loads of ****e like that.

I'd say you're fine cos having little interaction with their worlds does mean that they're in conflict with them really, like I said that Gar is in conflict with his culture, the way men don't show their feelings blah blah blah but he longs for his father to show emotion towards him

yeah so did I. ehm I said that chris IS in conflict with his culture cos he doesn't want to interact with the world and he dreams of being an astronaut, and he has that ideal where there's a virus and it kills everyone except him.
    and I said bout Gar that he has the ideal of being known as 'the bachelor' in america, and how that not being married would be weird in his society.
    I just said loads of ****e like that.

I'd say you're fine cos having little interaction with their worlds does mean that they're in conflict with them really, like I said that Gar is in conflict with his culture, the way men don't show their feelings blah blah blah but he longs for his father to show emotion towards him

Thats pretty much the jist of what I said too from what I remember! Yeh we'll prob be fine,my comparative will at least better than my previous D grade affairs where I made about 2 links haha!:)

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Thinking back to my cc question is really bothering me:(

The one with the conflict and interaction with society. I wrote loads about the conflict found, but the thing is, my 3 texts, Philadelphia HIC, Curious Incident and Inside im Dancing featured the main characters having LITTLE interaction with their respective worlds.:confused:

I just went on about how they were isolated from the societies because of their differences(Michael is disabled and so is marginalised) etc and that Gar refused to interact because of his emotionally stunted upbringing. Only Christopher managed to adapt in his world.

Reckon I'll be alright? Its just been bugging me cause I'm looking for a B1, maybe even an A and hope I don't achieve because I didn't read the feckin question properly!

I have not done some of those texts but as for the "distant" characters and their lack of interaction it only makes for easier contrasting within the answer, in my opinion.

Whereas Private Gar is in a constant state of upset and inner turmoil when he interacts with certain parts of his culture (particularly the model idea of males as stoic, unfeeling "strong silent men"), the boy from Dead Dog (I have only read Dead Dog myself a few years ago for my own enjoyment, didn't do it for the LC) conflicts with his culture and environment differently; he is scared at some times by it and feels totally alienated by certain emotions (for example the facial expressions mentioned early in the text that he expresses difficulty understanding). He shuts himself off when things go bad - the policeman incident for instance where he "blacks out" and lashes out and iirc hits the policeman.

He finds it hard to even comprehend what is going on and gets "overloaded" with stimuli from his surroundings. Lots of contrast to be made there but also comparison at least with Gar who has a lot of internal conflicts in sync with those he has with his world. As I said though I did not study Dead Dog critically myself so I don't have anybody elses idea, this would be my PoV or slant on it.

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Thats pretty much the jist of what I said too from what I remember! Yeh we'll prob be fine,my comparative will at least better than my previous D grade affairs where I made about 2 links haha!:)

waaaay go us! seriously though the stuff you said that you said sounds fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

thinking back on that paper it was pretty comical the question on the consequences of duncans murder, then it said refer to the play in your answer, i mean wtf?? what else were we going to refer to???:rolleyes:
    its pretty much like something they would stick on a crap mock paper

leesmom wrote: »
    thinking back on that paper it was pretty comical the question on the consequences of duncans murder, then it said refer to the play in your answer, i mean wtf?? what else were we going to refer to???:rolleyes:
    its pretty much like something they would stick on a crap mock paper

It's always phrased like that, it isn't that funny at any rate. o_ó

It's to ensure you properly refer to the play using quotes and moments rather than telling the story and ignoring the significance of events in the play rather than just bluffing and not giving any opinions

Advertisement