Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English P2 Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Walsho wrote: »
    This. And also, did it say "contingency paper" on the front or what?

English Paper 2 - Part 2: The Empire Strikes Back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

It probably said Thursday since it would have been originally printed for Thursday.

amacachi wrote: »

Not exactly an in depth analysis there really. You can't even remember half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Aye, left after about an hour and 20 minutes.
    Jesus,couldn't have wrote much?!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Jesus,couldn't have wrote much?!

Unless he/she is a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very fast writer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

No longley. Omgz.

No longley. Omgz.

Was that the poet people were expecting to come up this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

No longley. Omgz.

So who did come up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I wrote about 8 pages.

Also I don't remember everything that came up, I was more focussed on doing the questions that I was doing than memorising the questions that I didn't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Right poets were :

Keats
    Walcott
    Bishop
    And Montague (instead of longley)

Sooooooooooooo happy with my walcott question :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 MrSnuffleupagus

Yay! Montague came up, suck on that, Longley fans :p

Cultural context and the Macbeth question were good too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Easier then the original paper me thinks :rolleyes:

But still it fxcked my study plan, and iv lost all track of what day it is (i know its saturday) but like wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Poets:
    Walcott
    Keats
    Montague
    Bishop

Macbeth:
    Compelling Drama
    Macbeth's murder of Duncan

Comparative:
    Theme/Issue
    Cultural Context

No date on front of paper.

I wrote about 8 pages.

Also I don't remember everything that came up, I was more focussed on doing the questions that I was doing than memorising the questions that I didn't do.

No offense man, but going on my experience of myself and friends doing the LC you probably would have doubled your score by staying till the end. If you can't remember a question you saw an hour earlier, even some key words form it, then I would guess your memory isn't great and the extra time would have helped you fill out your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Fairly happy with that.
    Macbeth Q1 was nice.It was on the horrible consequences of Macbeth killing Duncan.

Comparative: Theme and Cultural context came up.Did the CC question,thought it was grand as long as you kept refering to conflict.

Poetry: Unseen,well I have never really liked this question.Poem was ok wouldn't say I did brilliant.

Bishop,Keats,Walcott and Montague came up.I did Montague.Thought the question was ok,a bit annoyingly phrased.I was stuck for time at the stage and so tired ,I think it may have affected my answer a bit.

alan4cult wrote: »
    Poets:
    Walcott
    Keats
    Montague
    Bishop

Macbeth:
    Compelling Drama
    Macbeth's murder of Duncan

Comparative:
    Theme/Issue
    Cultural Context

No date on front of paper.

That's excellent. People weren't too put out over the mistake. Good to hear

My sister came home there and she said that she felt she did better today than what would have been on the paper on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

What the hell was up with the poetry questions??

They've never been that specific before. I couldn't do the Walcott question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Easiest paper imaginable - the second Macbeth question was literally

Macbeth is a compelling drama, why? Explain your opinion mentioning at least one "ingredient" that makes it a compelling drama.

You could have talked about ANYTHING

Just like I said - lunatics on the radio, bet they fail it anyway the tossers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Way easier than the last paper unless you only studied Longley. Montague, Walcott, Bishop and Keats. Macbeth was simple - compelling drama, you can talk about anything there tbh. And theme or issue, cultural context.

Looks like my uncle was wrong (I was joking btw lol):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

sooo happy with that :)
    was a bit diassapointed that longley wasn't there but the questions were so specific that it may not have mattered!
    did bishop, the first macbeth question and cultural context.

really happy overall, thank god its finally over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Thought it was pretty good, I rambled a bit on Keats though but apart from that all was well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Did Ordinary level, wrote 4 pages, got pissed off and left at 11 o' clock. Hung around school until ten to 1 because I didn't want to show up at home almost 2 hours from the end of my exam :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Quite happy with that.

Did second macbeth one; lovely open ended question, could talk about anything!

Cultural context

And bishop.

Paper didnt have contingency or the likes on it, just didnt have a date or time on it, only said 3hours 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

all the fuss over nothing reallly, everything that was on the original more or less came up again! absolutely delighted, general concensus from my school is that it actually suited us better than the original :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Lovely paper, delighted thursdays one was cancelled now :D

Q1 - Macbeth killing duncan - So easy if you knew the play. (got 4 pages done)
    Q2 - Comparitive - Theme or issue, again, so easy to just write absolutly anything for if you knew the texts well (got 6 pages)
    Q3 - Poetry - Bishop - Only poet I studied, so I'm delighted with that. The question was a little weird, required some thought to do, but was nice and handy (4 pages done)

I just cut it tight on the time and didn't get to do the unseen poem, but fcuk it, 20 marks isn't a whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

The delight on my face when i seen theme or issue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

It just said english paper 2, and 2 hours 20 minutes, no date or time and no mention if it being a contingency paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭FeistyOneYouAre

wel that unseen poetry was sh:te!!

id honestly write a better poem than that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

The Bishop question was nice.
    Unseen poem was good.
    Cultural context (1) was an okay question.
    Macbeth was decent, could have been better, but defo better than Banquo...

Advertisement