Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English P2 Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

Not a bad paper I'm knackered now thought had geography yesterday too!
    Overall I'm happy it was a nice paper,
    Most of all I'm happy to get English finally finished though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I wrote

5 pages Cultural Context (the one-parter option)
    5 pages Macbeth (2nd question wrote about deception and betrayal as an ingredient that creates a compelling drama)
    4 pages on Elizabeth Bishop
    1 page for the Unseen poetry, wrote about the impact it had on me

I know "I wrote x amount" isn't any sort of indication of quality or grade but just a basic guideline of what I did in writing anyway.

Anyone else think the Unseen poem was REALLY sad and depressing |:?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Paddy001 wrote: »
    It just said english paper 2, and 2 hours 20 minutes, no date or time and no mention if it being a contingency paper

it did , original was at top right corner saying M.12 , This paper said M.12C im guessing the C was for contingency paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I wrote

5 pages Cultural Context (the one-parter option)
    5 pages Macbeth (2nd question wrote about deception and betrayal as an ingredient that creates a compelling drama)
    4 pages on Elizabeth Bishop
    1 page for the Unseen poetry, wrote about the impact it had on me

I know "I wrote x amount" isn't any sort of indication of quality or grade but just a basic guideline of what I did in writing anyway.

christ i said that the unseen poem was a fond remembrance :p maybe im just special

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

The paper was class. Bloody class. I'm delighted. Still duck you louth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ramey

After only studying Bishop, the delight on my face that I tried to hold in as I read "Elizabeth Bishop" through the back of the exam paper when it was turned over, you know, it being the only poet I studied and all!

Then, cultural context.. Then The Crucible character question on John Proctor which I had already gone over, him as a tragic hero!

Wow, what a perfect paper. Cut it a bit short on the single text question, but think I did really well in poetry and maybe alright in cultural context.

Pleased! So glad its over.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

Claypigeon wrote: »

yup! horribly depressing! especially as it was pouring rain out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Well you never have to worry about a blue cardigan again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

mauled into bishop at the start got 5 pages done but only on three poems since they so long....Questions of travel , The prodigal and nova scotia one i totally went blank on the title and was like i may have forgotten the title but the content made such a big impact on me i could never forget it haha

Macbeth easy enough it hard to know how you lose marks though 4 pages

CC loads of comparison 5 pages

unseen poem 1 page...made up a story bout how the same thing happened to me haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

-Kenny- wrote: »
    The delight on my face when i seen theme or issue :D

Language Fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

What exactly was that unseen poem about?

I thought it was about a guy who wanted to recapture his youth before he died. Everyone else I talked to said that he had alzheimers's or something.

Any chance I would still get marks given that poetry can be interpreted many different ways?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

Lovely paper.

Macbeth-Did Q1 and done 4 pages.

Comparative- CC and done 6 pages.

Poetry- Walcott and done 6 pages.

Then 2 on the unseen.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Good to hear everyone tought the paper was good. Maybe it worked to your advantage after all!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i thought it was an okay paper
    macbeth was quite easy (macbeth murdering duncan) got 3 pages
    cultural contect was grand 2.5 pages
    unseen poem was difficult.got half a page if not less for the 2 q's on that
    bishop was grand.got just over 2 pages for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Poetry ones weren't good at all. They were too specific and I had to work a bit to fit my Walcott answer into the question. It worked out in the end but not how I would've liked to have done it.

Comparative was pretty good. Did CC, conflict was actually perfect for the essay I prepared.

Macbeth was a bit meh. This was my last question and all I could think about was food since I was so hungry. I answered the question a lot so it should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Didn't care for it. Hoping for a C.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

at least we dont have to study poetry anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Actually the best paper ever! Those Macbeth questions were ridiculously easy! Poetry was a bit weirdly over-specific, and I overshot Macbeth by about 5 pages and could only do half of the cultural context essay, but still! Om nom nom

THANKS, LOUTH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

I loved it, Was annoyed about the Thursday one when it happened because the 3 poets I studied came up :D

Then they came up again.. Answered on Walcott.. Didn't like the "esplores tensions and conflicts" part.. So I said I didn't agree with the assessment and went on about exploring other areas.. Blah blah..

Overall I was happy with it, Writing til the last minute though didn't get a second to look over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

sron wrote: »
    What exactly was that unseen poem about?

I thought it was about a guy who wanted to recapture his youth before he died. Everyone else I talked to said that he had alzheimers's or something.

Any chance I would still get marks given that poetry can be interpreted many different ways?

It was about the moment the poet realised her father had alzheimers and was mad really.It did say that at the top but I say you would get some marks anyway.

• Advertisement

ste88m wrote: »
    Good to hear everyone tought the paper was good. Maybe it worked to your advantage after all!! :D

yeah i reackon it worked out for everyone really!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

If people had their smarts about them, they would cause uproar, A1's all over the place!

The man had become severely ill and developed senile dementia or Alzheimer's, reading the paper is a good idea dude

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

Mr.S wrote: »
    It said at the top he had a illness that made him act like a child?

I believe it said that he had an illness and acted like a child. It didn't relate the two as far as I remember. At least I hope so.

Walsh wrote: »
    If people had their smarts about them, they would cause uproar, A1's all over the place!

Because that's possible

Walsh wrote: »

i doubt that, ever hear of a "grading curve" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Actually the best paper ever! Those Macbeth questions were ridiculously easy! Poetry was a bit weirdly over-specific, and I overshot Macbeth by about 5 pages and could only do half of the cultural context essay, but still! Om nom nom

THANKS, LOUTH!
    +1 on this!!! :D.

Anyone else do keats out there?. Questions wise, it was by far the easiest.

Lovely paper. Couldn't have been happier :).

sron wrote: »
    I believe it said that he had an illness and acted like a child. It didn't relate the two as far as I remember. At least I hope so.

Ah now that's pushing it - what do you think the lines about being shocked by everything because he's riding backwards meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Dear louth...

Thank you :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

deeeeeeeelited with the Macbeth q, did the second one and wrote about evil, the witches, characters of lady macbeth and macbeth, imagery, deception, irony.........! so much you could have written for that answer!

Advertisement