Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doting Daddies?

Options
  • 06-06-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Me and my friend were talking about men yesterday (as we do) and I metioned that are friend who has just had a baby has become instantly more attractive. She was baffled by completly baffled by this and said that if anything having a baby made him less attractive. I mean, I would never go about splitting up a happy family or whatever but when I see a man playing with their kids or when they just look at them with that look that lets you know how completely in love with them they are it just drives me insane. I always thought it was just an instinctive thing as in "if he's a good dad to those kids, he'll be a good dad to my (future/hypothetical) kids too" but my friend was completely the oppisite....anyway, so I was just wondering what other girls thought of "the Daddy", yay or ney?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I suppose if a boyfriend was good with kids, I'd probably find that an endearing quality. Would never have any kind of 'homewrecker' instincts though! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I have to agree that I really loved seeing my husband take to a friend's little boy - it was so sweet to have a glimpse of him as the future great father he's going to be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

as a dad myself, i have noticed that i always had a lot more attention from ladies when i'm with my kids. Particularly when they were babies. Never capitalised on it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Wouldn't really do anything for me either way. Might have something to do with the fact that I intend to remain child-free for ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

This would definitely be a massive plus for me. My OH is amazing with kids, he works with them every week and has the patience of a saint. He's seen my nephew since the day he was born and dotes on him - as does my nephew on him. I think it's possibly the most attractive trait in a guy because I know that if we had kids he'd be a loving, hands-on, affectionate and available dad (not to mention a "cool" one - he's a musician ha ha). I know he's have no problem with being a stay at home dad one day, either.

I guess a lot of women don't really mind either way, and to be honest a lot of guys are kind of awkward/indifferent around kids anyway and it all changes when they have their own, so it's not necessarily the best indicator of the future to watch them interact with kids as young, single men.

Definitely a major plus for me though. It's the most natural thing in the world to find a guy who is good with kids hugely attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I dont like kids in general myself(like theyre cute to go ahh at but more then 10 minutes im done) so if a lad i liked had a child id find it a turn off.its selfish but i wouldnt really want to be around his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I have to say I find seeing a guy with a baby/child extremely attractive.. They say men are drawn to women with 'child bearing hips', as it allegedly, subconsciously shows fertility, perhaps watching a guy with a kid, does the same for us women?!

I wouldn't be the slightest bit impressed by a man enjoying the company of a baby or child.
    Someone who will change a nappy without being asked, creating a fuss, or looking for a medal, might pop up on my radar.
    But it wouldn't make a fella any more attractive for me.

The opposite is true though. A father who isn't affectionate, nuturing, and responsible towards his children, would be rendered instantly unattractive in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

A man who dislikes children, or is intolerant of them, sinks in the attractiveness ratings fairly rapidly.

A man being good with children is very attractive, although they don't have to be his own.

As Moonbaby says, an ability to change an nappy without enormous drama and a bio-hazard suit is impressive.

More impressive even, than flatpack-assembling skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Whatever about babies, seeing a guy with a puppy or kitten wins me over every time. Saw a guy playing with his dog in the park today, he was talking away to the dog like they were best friends. So cute. I swear to God if I didn't have a boyfriend I'd have jumped his bones!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Seeing MY oh act in such a way that it shows what a great dad he might eventually be, sure.
    But any attached guy kids or otherwise = automatically not interested, switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Whatever about babies, seeing a guy with a puppy or kitten wins me over every time. Saw a guy playing with his dog in the park today, he was talking away to the dog like they were best friends. So cute. I swear to God if I didn't have a boyfriend I'd have jumped his bones!! :D

Guarantee you that half the lads here are gone off to ring the dog pound or borrow a neighbours dog after reading that.

Actually... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

God no. If I saw a guy with kids I would immediatley think taken. He's someone elses man and a father, steer well clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Guarantee you that half the lads here are gone off to ring the dog pound or borrow a neighbours dog after reading that.

Actually... :D

Feck online dating, nightclubs etc....just get a dog and they're putty in your hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Yeah..actually guy with cute animal = adorable :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

WindSock wrote: »
    God no. If I saw a guy with kids I would immediatley think taken. He's someone elses man and a father, steer well clear.

Random women definitely talk to you more when you have a baby in tow.

Outside of the fact that they probably just have (or like/want) kids themselves, I'd always assumed it was also related to what you say. That perhaps they feel that there is less chance of misinterpretation /ambiguity when talking to a guy could be explicitly 'taken'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh yeah, it definitely causes me to consider a guy more attractive, I really don't know why exactly:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60600310&postcount=42

Advertisement