Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parenting seems to have disappeared from the Soc menu?

Options
  • 06-06-2009 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place to report, or if it's been reported already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmmm.

I made some changes to it yesterday, where I added unreg posting. Can't be a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

On the main Boards page, when I rest my mouse on the "Society" sub-forum at the top of the page the drop-down menu does not contain the Parenting forum. How can that be rectified?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gosh, you're right. Here it is though. You would have been able to find it if you clicked on the Society link instead of just hovering, but it could be a glitch for not showing in the menu. I'll move this to an appropriate forum for a techiedude.

/note - it exists on the beta menu, not the classic menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I know, but my PC is slow and takes too long.................

Thanks for link!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Gordon wrote: »
    /note - it exists on the beta menu, not the classic menu
    Also gone on classic menu.

• Advertisement

This is probably something to do with the unreg posting.

*bump* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

This is now sorted, it was to do with the unreg posting.

I've probably had to make you insert a(nother) special case into the meu generation script, haven't I? Something else to mark on the "Give Ross/Conor a heads up before you do it" list. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

seamus wrote: »
    I've probably had to make you insert a(nother) special case into the meu generation script, haven't I? Something else to mark on the "Give Ross/Conor a heads up before you do it" list. :)

Actually, no. I managed to figure out a workaround that you can use. To appear in the menu, a forum needs to either have no special permissions OR explicitly allow registered users to view the forum.

What I did was:
    • Go to the forum permissions for Parenting
    • Click [Edit] beside Registered Users.
    • Change from "Use Usergroup Default Permissions" to "Use Custom Permissions". (N.B. Don't actually change any of the permissions unless you mean to)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement