Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin North Central- Early Tallies

Options
  • 06-06-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Dublin North Central.

Going to be one hell of a count. 3 Candidates on 20%-22%. O Donoghue(FG), Bacik(LAB), and O Sullivan (IND but really on Tony Gregory legacy).

FF Ahern on 15% with the SF guy on about 9%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'd say O'Sullivan will sweep up most of the transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Villain

SF Transfers to O'Sullivan will probably get her over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

This is Dublin Central, by the way. Not North Central.

I think Bacik will get enough transfer to put her ahead of Donohue and when he's eliminated his transfer will bump her. Long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

My bad!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

O'Sullivan will win this by a long way now. total collapse in FF vote even with Bertie campaigning like crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Great, great discussions on RTÉ Radio 1 all morning. I surmise everybody has their ear to it.

It looks like Maureen O Sullivan will indeed win Dublin Central. And that is absolutely brilliant. Couldn't be happier for the girl.

Ivana "High Street" Bacik has always seemed far too superficial and "right-on" for my liking. I'm glad Paschal Donohue didn't get it either as Blueshirts are generally too smug. In fairness, however, Donohue is a hard worker in Phibsboro and is a native so that should be acknowledged. Bacik has no connection to the area. She has merely been parachuted in.

Now, if only Joe Higgins takes Dublin my day will be made. If not Joe, then Eoin Ryan. Definitely not our own Tory Eurosceptic, Mary Lou McDonald!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Great! Maurice Ahern is now going to lose his council seat as well it seems. He is currently coming in at just over 8%. It gets better: Mary Fitzpatrick is coming in at 26%!

Superb! It couldn't happen any better!

Well done, Mary! Revenge is sweet.

PS: Ahern was just on 20 minutes ago saying he was surprised he only got 12% of the by-election. Well, he's going to be a lot more surprised now with 8%!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i didnt think pashal donoghue was a particulary strong canditate from seeing him on tv , while not a supporter of left wing caditiates , im glad o sullivan got in ahead of a champagne socilsts like bacik

its no surprise who the winner is in this when you think about it , tony gregory was and is a saint in dublin central

Advertisement