Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

south Dublin said yes to lisbon but is saying no to Brian Cowen (70%)

Options
  • 06-06-2009 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

south Dublin said yes to lisbon but is saying no to Brian Cowen (70%) 7 in every 10 votes to a chap who entered politics out of exasperation with the floundering of 2 solicitors and a social worker....made plump by posh dinners with bankers over recent years..... (what makes you plump makes us poor):mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Didnt know Brian Cowen was running in Dublin South

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Didnt know Brian Cowen was running in Dublin South
    Did you not hear "Brian Cowan is running the Country" ....... into the underground, and that he can be commended in creating many new tunnels without cost billions of euro's in the way he Dictate us and not lead us..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

To say its a protest vote is to give credibility to Shay Brennan's nonsense.

Georgie would have won anyway, sure look at his opponents!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I wouldn't have been voting for Shay Brennan even if Lee hadn't run. He has no qualifications other than who his dad was, and also is linked to the disgraced Anglo Irish Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Enda just on with George promising to take this message for change to the government. Also used the "general election" and "near future" keywords.

Bye bye Brian I think. How FF can think they still have a mandate is unbelievable if these figures carry through into final results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Enda just on with George promising to take this message for change to the government. Also used the "general election" and "near future" keywords.

Bye bye Brian I think. How FF can think they still have a mandate is unbelievable if these figures carry through into final results

while not nearly as bad as the result Fianna Fail suffered in the 2004 local elections, we may well see a repeat of what happened three year after those elections, whereby Fianna Fail were returned to power. Given the fickleness of people's voting habits, if Cowen does survive till the next General election, in 2012, i wouldn't be surprised at all if Fianna Fail win it. As the economy may well be in reasonable shape by then which Fianna Fail will be credited for and that may convince enough people to vote once again for Fianna Fail.

Advertisement