Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dodgy Windscreen Washer Pump :(

• 06-06-2009 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭

Lo all,
    Recently the pump for my windscreen washer seems to work less. The last time it worked was last week, but it doesn't always work when I want it to. Sadly, I forgot about it when I had the car in the garage last week, but meh, these things happen.

So, I have been told that the pump is located under the "bottle", but I'm wondering what is the best way to get to the pump? I ask, as looking down, I don't see an easy way to get at it, to make sure the wires etc are connected properly.

My car is a 02 Honda Civic 5 door saloon.

/edit
    Forgot to say, got someone to stand at the engine (engine off, power on), with the bonnet open, but no noise was heard when I tried to use the spray, so I think it's the wiring. Also, as it "sometimes works, sometimes doesn't", I'm more inclined to blame the wiring as opposed to the fuse, as if it were the fuse, I'd think it'd stop working.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The water bottle should be easy to remove - usually a couple of screws or clips then you should be able to get at the wires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

It should be handy enough to get at and the motor should be just pushed into the bottle. If its working on and off then it could just be the block connector isnt pushed home properly. Also while your at the motor it'd be worthwhile cleaning it out as they can get clogged up with dirt and it'll save you doing it again down the road.

Advertisement