Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to go

Options
  • 06-06-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Myself and the wife are headin to galway for the weekend comin. what pubs and clubs should we check out. whats the spanish arch like? there doin a bulmers pear night on sat. is that pub any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

DU.LLAHAN wrote: »
    Myself and the wife are headin to galway for the weekend comin. what pubs and clubs should we check out. whats the spanish arch like? there doin a bulmers pear night on sat. is that pub any good?

The Spanish Arch can be a bit of crack at times. They usually have live music and sometimes it can be quite loud in there. However Galway will probably be mobbed this week-end so it maybe a fact of where ever you can get into.

Good Pubs Front Door/ Sonny's always mobbed so youd need to be in there early enough. The Dáil Bar, Buskers & The Living Room are the main spots.

The Quay's bar & The SPanish Arch then.

Neachtains for that Traditional pub feel, favourite to Locals and tourists alike)

Other big bars

The Kings Head
    The Skeff

Otherwise just follow your nose because as I said it will be fairly crowded.

I don't do clubs so I can't help you on that

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suggest getting a room at Jurys' Inn. It's just down from Quay Street where Spanish Arch Bar is, along with several other bars and restaurants. Jurys has parking too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

thanks for that guys

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Good Pubs Front Door/ Sonny's always mobbed so youd need to be in there early enough. The Dáil Bar, Buskers & The Living Room are the main spots.

where's the Dail Bar???

or whats its former name?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭redpanda26

mayotom wrote: »
    where's the Dail Bar???

or whats its former name?

The Dail bar used to be Ti na nog and its just over the road from neachtains or directly opposite river deep mountain high and charlie byrnes book shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

If you like your foreign beers check out The Salthouse and The Bierhaus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whatdahack

ayre sq iz da biz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

[-0-] wrote: »
    If you like your foreign beers check out The Salthouse and The Bierhaus.

Salthouse? wheres that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Used to be called "The Weigh Inn". Just along the canal, up from the Harvest Offie opposite the Fire Station and down from the DayToDay shop across from Monroes bar.

It's a fine bar and well worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

toiletduck wrote: »
    Used to be called "The Weigh Inn". Just along the canal, up from the Harvest Offie opposite the Fire Station and down from the DayToDay shop across from Monroes bar.

It's a fine bar and well worth checking out.

They must've improved it a fair bit then, because it was a serious dive back when it was called "The Weigh Inn"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

It changed ownership and the whole lot. My only gripe is it's a bit small.

Advertisement