Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ganley looking good in Early Tallies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Thank god Ganley has been discredited in the polls. Imagine the embarrassment he'd cause for us in Brussels.

He has hardly been discredited. Against party machinery in a rural constituency he has almost ( or maybe) got a seat.

And, Jesus, the Irish concern with "embarrassment". Because we nearly elected someone anti-EU, unlike the British where the UKIP did better than Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

asdasd wrote: »
    He has hardly been discredited. Against party machinery in a rural constituency he has almost ( or maybe) got a seat.

Marion Harkin does not have a party machine.
    And, Jesus, the Irish concern with "embarrassment". Because we nearly elected someone anti-EU, unlike the British where the UKIP did better than Labour.

So he is anti-EU, is he? He tries to persuade us otherwise.

I don't like the thought of us being judged on the UKIP "little Englander" criterion.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I really hope he gets in. People ridicule him but they would be the first ones to be unhappy with the EU making new laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

DB10 wrote: »
    I really hope he gets in. People ridicule him but they would be the first ones to be unhappy with the EU making new laws.

welcome to boards.ie :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I ridicule him, and I have no problem 'with the EU making new laws', as you put it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

ionix5891 wrote: »
    welcome to boards.ie :pac:
    Thanks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ganley for president! I know his mother, wonderful people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I'm looking forward to Ganley admitting defeat and not having to listen to him or any of the other candidates in the media. (at least until the next referendum that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Will he live up to his promise that he will feic off if he doesn't get elected ? I doubt it. I hope to hear him explain his way out of it if he appears on the Last Word this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Jip wrote: »
    Will he live up to his promise that he will feic off if he doesn't get elected ? I doubt it. I hope to hear him explain his way out of it if he appears on the Last Word this evening.

I reckon he'll be hanging around, like a bad smell. The thing about his promise was that he said he wouldn't lead a campaign, but was available to be employed by No groups. I assume he meant Libertas there, but it's hard to even know if they will survive their election catastrophe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I reckon he'll be hanging around, like a bad smell. The thing about his promise was that he said he wouldn't lead a campaign, but was available to be employed by No groups. I assume he meant Libertas there, but it's hard to even know if they will survive their election catastrophe.

Make no mistake, Declan Ganley is Libertas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hoffman1987

lets hope and pray that people have there ears to the groung on this issue..... the rest of europe know hes a bad mother why can we irish ever educate ourselves.... anyway i guess its not looking good for him right now...
    http://peoplekorps.blogspot.com/2009/05/declan-ganley-on-southpark.html#comment-form

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's being critical and there's being a crank. Not that I disagree with the majority of the laws that come from Brussels.

Anyone know of a live twitter feed, or preferably radio coverage from Castlebar?

We should have had news by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Anyone know of a live twitter feed, or preferably radio coverage from Castlebar?

We should have had news by now...

Was just wondering that myself. The RTE coverage isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the last bit of news from an hour ago said they were still counting *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

asdasd wrote: »

I would be mortified if he got elected to the EU from Ireland, and I think he has been discredited not only in the election but every time he opens his mouth, and the jury is still out at to where the money comes from, hopefully this will mean the end of libertas, running 300 candidates and getting one seat that was already held

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 38,471 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ok, I haven't heard anything since last night. I was sure they were doing a 'recheck' as opposed to a 'recount'.
    Anybody know if its been anounced that there was a recount?

How on earth could it take this long for a recheck?

What do you think he would do if he got in, ive yet to hear him answer one question in a straight forward way, now I know you don't get a straight forward answer from any politition but he takes the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

uhh

This whole recount is just a ploy to keep him in the media for a longer while, his whole approch is to spread uncertainty and suspition, he'll start sayin it was fixed next when they don't find his 10,000 votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

madser wrote: »
    What do you think he would do if he got in, ive yet to hear him answer one question in a straight forward way, now I know you don't get a straight forward answer from any politition but he takes the business.

Policies
    The Libertas programme for a better Europe will be published on this site in the coming weeks.

http://www.libertas.eu/en/policies

Just be patient for another few weeks . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,471 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

madser wrote: »
    This whole recount is just a ploy to keep him in the media for a longer while, his whole approch is to spread uncertainty and suspition, he'll start sayin it was fixed next when they don't find his 10,000 votes
    Are you saying there is a recount under way?
    I thought it was a recheck.

My understanding of a recheck is the checking of bundles. A recount is starting all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

http://www.midwestradio.ie/MWR/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=2821&cntnt01origid=52&cntnt01returnid=52

Recheck of votes in Ireland Northwest constituency

A RECHECK IS NOW UNDERWAY IN THE NORTHWEST EURO CONSTITUENCY.

THE RECHECK OF VOTES GOT UNDERWAY IN THE PAST HOUR AT THE EUROPEAN COUNT CENTRE IN CASTLEBAR, AT THE REQUEST OF LIBERTAS CANDIDATE DECLAN GANLEY.

NO CANDIDATE HAS YET BEEN ELECTED IN THE NORTHWEST CONSTITUENCY, AS NONE OF THE CANDIDATES REACHED THE QUOTA ON THE FIRST COUNT LAST NIGHT.

MARIAN HARKIN, INDEPENDENT, TOPPED THE POLL ON THE FIRST COUNT AT ALMOST 85,000 VOTES, FOLLOWED BY FIANNA FAIL’S PAT THE COPE GALLAGHER AND JIM HIGGINS OF FINE GAEL.

DECLAN GANLEY WAS IN FOURTH PLACE AT OVER 70,000 FIRST PREFERENCE VOTES.

IT’S LIKELY TO BE EVENING BEFORE ANY CANDIDATES ARE ELECTED IN THIS CONSTITUENCY.

Mr Ganley withdrew the request today. Mr McDermott, confirmed that Mr Ganley's agent had withdrawn the request, to which Mr McDermott had previously acceded. However, the recheck of votes is continuing.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0608/breaking31.htm

So the request is withdrawn, they don't even believe it themselves anymore, if they ever did...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Update live now on Radio 1. The recheck is still ongoing :rolleyes: no discrepancies found

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The way the EU is going, you will have a problem.
    We are just a speck of dirt getting in the way, if we give in, they can make ANY law they see fit eg an EU army and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Keep the doors locked cos they are all out to get you!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

molloyjh wrote: »
    Keep the doors locked cos they are all out to get you!!!!!

theres a "deeyy toook oour jobs" and "quick, jump in the pile" jokes to be made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL 1500 O'Luain votes in the Ganley bundles, so they've lost votes out of this farce!

Advertisement