Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ganley looking good in Early Tallies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wow a lot of Ganley haters here. I didn't vote for him myself, I live in the West. I just don't get all that hate though. Why would you dislike somebody so much who has never been in power?

Speaking only for myself...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60538715&postcount=55

Just saw this on facebook from a friend of mine in the Labour party...
    Ganley claiming that 20,000 votes less than rté reported yesterday were actually counted today. Demanding recount. #le09

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

On RTE: A spokesman for Mr Ganley said he had asked the returning officer to go through all the bundles to ensure a Ganley bundle had not been misplaced. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    Mr Ganley's spokesman said that he was not demanding a recount and the returning officer was considering his request to check the bundles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

De Burca isn't calling into question the integrity of the electoral system.

Well she obviously didnt think they were counted correctly in order to call for a recount.

Neither does Ganley, and in fairness, if I was him, and this thread was a representation of the box openers, I'd be skeptical about integrity too ;)

From what was reported directly from the constituency itself, he was questioning why the tin boxes were emptied into yellow plastic bags and then presented in front of the tally counters. As opposed to just emptying the tin boxes out onto the tables in front of the tally counters.

Paranoia may be in the bottom of a yellow plastic bag, but sure we'll find out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Just saw this on facebook from a friend of mine in the Labour party...

Ah...we're looking at the creation of another Ganley myth. He will kick up enough fuss to leave the faithful (and the impressionable) with the impression that the election was somehow rigged, and Ganley was robbed. He didn't lose, and will become the King Arthur of Irish politics, carried off to some electoral Avalon to bide his time for the final battle.

Of course, that suggests he is keeping his forces on board for another battle, which may be the referendum, or the expected GE.

predictively,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

bug wrote: »
    Well she obviously didnt think they were counted correctly in order to call for a recount.

Neither does Ganley, and in fairness, if I was him, and this thread was a representation of the box openers, I'd be skeptical about integrity too ;)

From what was reported directly from the constituency itself, he was questioning why the tin boxes were emptied into yellow plastic bags and then presented in front of the tally counters. As opposed to just emptying the tin boxes out onto the tables in front of the tally counters.

Paranoia may be in the bottom of a yellow plastic bag, but sure we'll find out.:)

Well it's nice to see he had our democracy at heart but if he was really that worried why did he wait until the second count to query it? Why didn't the far more experienced Higgins or Gallagher query it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

RTE are now explicitly referring to Libertas' (very limited) support-base around europe as "euroskeptic". Nice to hear them finally tell things as they are. Summary - "it just hasn't happened for Libertas" - "The Libertas vision wasn't a vision, it was a hallucination".

This is all news that I'm very relieved to hear.

cornbb wrote: »
    RTE are now explicitly referring to Libertas' (very limited) support-base around europe as "euroskeptic". Nice to hear them finally tell things as they are. Summary - "it just hasn't happened for Libertas".

'They were claiming this as something of a referendum on Lisbon, well it appears they've lost that one...'
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is that it until tomorrow?

*sigh*

Wonder if anyone would go low enough to break in overnight and make a couple 100 votes disapear...

"Large numbers of my votes may have been misallocated" Ganley . He has asked the returning officer to check bundles and request is being considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Jesus Christ, Ganley is getting desperate. Now he's claiming that bundles of Ganley votes have gone into other candidates pidgeon holes.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    is that it until tomorrow?

*sigh*

Wonder if anyone would go low enough to break in overnight and make a couple 100 votes disapear...

He's still yapping to the RO. Feel so sorry for him having to listen to Ganley for 2 hours...

Ganley in "discussions"

Picture_1_19.png

Sorry, can't seem to embed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Do you hear this crap now about bundles being misplaced in with the wrong candidate. Wouldn't you just love to go up there and tell him to fk off!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ganley has stalled vote for 2 hours now, he has his Legal people with him, looking for attention or has a mistake been made, the bundles are 10k each one bundle in the wrong pigeon hole would make a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 38,471 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As I said my first post even on politics was in this thread, and a query more than anything else. I was personally shocked by the number of votes he got, I personally thought he would poll somewhere around the 40k mark.

I don't get involved in political debate because most of the people discussing it don't really have a clue what they are talking about, or have an agenda, or support a party blindly. I don't know anything about you but really that post which you link is just so brutal, and either dishonest or uneducated.

Anyways good luck all. I'm out of here.

cornbb wrote: »
    Ganley in "discussions"

Picture_1_19.png

Sorry, can't seem to embed here.

He looks so sinister, with his heavy hitters around him.

I hope the RO has a legal representative of the state there.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't know anything about you but really that post which you link is just so brutal, and either dishonest or uneducated.

Excuse me?

:confused:

Would you care to point out which parts please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I voted Ganley, reason being, theres so much legislation coming out of europe these days half the country doesnt know whats happening, you cant pull a head of cabbage in your own garden without questions being asked!!. Hes a good man, doesnt deserve the **** hes gettin on this site, by half the people who hasnt a clue about politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

I don't know if Ganley is just looking for attention but, I know if I was him and I thought a mistake had been made I'd be kicking up a fuss to. This guy has put everything into his campaign for the last few months and right now being elected is the most important thing to him so fair enough if he wants to ensure everything is right and in order!

• Advertisement

I voted Ganley, reason being, theres so much legislation coming out of europe these days half the country doesnt know whats happening, you cant pull a head of cabbage in your own garden without questions being asked!!

Multiple exclamation marks do not the truth make. Please provide evidence of your claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I voted Ganley, reason being, theres so much legislation coming out of europe these days half the country doesnt know whats happening, you cant pull a head of cabbage in your own garden without questions being asked!!. Hes a good man, doesnt deserve the **** hes gettin on this site, by half the people who hasnt a clue about politics.

He does, you know, because aside from anything else he kept making exactly that claim, which is totally inaccurate. When research was actually done, and the real figure turned out to be 27%, Ganley never bothered changing his claim - Anthony Coughlan (the old eurosceptic) at least challenged the research, even if he did so on a very flimsy and rather dishonest basis.

We do need new political blood, but we don't need more people who are willing to tell lies to get elected.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

They're interviewing Ganley live now on Radio 1

He's stuttering a lot. Looking for a "re-check" not a recount, whatever that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

Ganley on Radio 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

I voted Ganley too. The guy is a multi millionaire and is not in this for the money or the status, he's in it cause he genuinely wants to make a difference. I was a complete supporter of him on his No campaign for the Lisbon treaty, he was offering the public a different view on the treaty and without him all we would have heard was the bias yes campaign from the government and opposition parties!

4 eye witnessess saw the bins going to the wrong places (RTE pull him up that they were Libertas supporters...)

and the counting has been closed for the night.

I know this is going too far...But I would not be surprised if something happens overnight.

he genuinely wants to make a difference.

It's the nature of the difference that caused me to give him #13

he was offering the public a different view on the treaty

you mean lies?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I know this is going too far...But I would not be surprised if something happens overnight.

I'm not going to sleep well tonight. I have a shocking feeling that 10,000 Ganley votes will magically appear in the "bins" overnight. Ganley is insisting he can still win now.

There are 2 possibilities - he is either completely ignorant and naive about what is happening, or he is planning something sinister. Given the nature of his campaign to date, I think the latter is more likely. I'm no conspiracy theorist but Ganley just scares me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ganley says 2 Wheelie bins of his votes were put in wrong area, but thats based on 4 eye witnesses which were in his party, the RO has agreed to recheck in the morning

Advertisement