Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ganley looking good in Early Tallies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

RTE are seriosuly messing with him now, *You are not gonna win*

OH no no no no...etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Multiple exclamation marks do not the truth make. Please provide evidence of your claims.

i wont go into detail, but No.1- the country voted against the lisbon treaty... which he goes against. and ur/my government wanted to turn it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

i wont go into detail, but No.1- the country voted against the lisbon treaty... which he goes against. and ur/my government wanted to turn it around.

What's that got to do with the amount of laws from the EU, or their nature in relation to your cabbage patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    you mean lies?

what lies, please explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

I voted Ganley too. The guy is a multi millionaire and is not in this for the money or the status, he's in it cause he genuinely wants to make a difference. I was a complete supporter of him on his No campaign for the Lisbon treaty, he was offering the public a different view on the treaty and without him all we would have heard was the bias yes campaign from the government and opposition parties!

to make a difference one needs a plan and policies

the election is over and we still haven't seen the above :cool: from Libertas

his offered view on the treaty was based on lies and deception playing on peoples lack of knowledge and fears

read parallel threads and previous posts, there have been plenty of lies discussed in this forum, hell theres even a thread with the same name at the top of the forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh Sweet Jesus please find a Lisbon thread, its too late for a Lisbon debate here

Losing corporate tax

protecting our commissioner

Abortion would come in with lisbon

Unelected President of Europe

80% of Irish laws come from Europe

Those are all lies spinned by libertas which were proven false during Lisbon 1, take a look around the forum and you will find everyone has been disproven.

cornbb wrote: »
    I'm not going to sleep well tonight. I have a shocking feeling that 10,000 Ganley votes will magically appear in the "bins" overnight. Ganley is insisting he can still win now.

There are 2 possibilities - he is either completely ignorant and naive about what is happening, or he is planning something sinister. Given the nature of his campaign to date, I think the latter is more likely. I'm no conspiracy theorist but Ganley just scares me.

they better keep the fire brigade on alert :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

He did not base campaign on lies, I've read the lisbon treaty several times unlike our Taoiseach and Mr Ganley's arguments had alot of substance. I personally just like Ganley cause he's providing an alternative and thats not a bad thing.

He did not base campaign on lies, I've read the lisbon treaty several times unlike our Taoiseach and Mr Ganley's arguments had alot of substance. I personally just like Ganley cause he's providing an alternative and thats not a bad thing.

please do outline this "substance" you speak of

• Advertisement

I've read the lisbon treaty several times unlike our Taoiseach and Mr Ganley's arguments had alot of substance

THats wonderful, come over (or create) one of the many lisbon threads and using the treaty show us these arguments, because you will find that most of us here have read the lisbon treaty several times too and we can not for the life of us find someone to actually show us in the treaty these arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Villain

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055561717

There you go, theres a nice Lisbon Libertas thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Villain wrote: »
    Ganley says 2 Wheelie bins of his votes were put in wrong area, but thats based on 4 eye witnesses which were in his party, the RO has agreed to recheck in the morning

I hope their security is tight. I'm afraid I wouldn't put it past Ganley and co. to try to sneak 'votes' in overnight.

paranoidly,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote: »
    I hope their security is tight. I'm afraid I wouldn't put it past Ganley and co. to try to sneak 'votes' in overnight.

paranoidly,
    Scofflaw

the blue wheelie bins will be replaced with green ones tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Oh for.....

Pissing....wind.....

paranoidly,
    Scofflaw

I'm actually worried, some stroke will be pulled to make him look like the victim of fraud, rather than a straight up rigging.

Maybe the place will burn down overnight, thereby removing the 'evidence' of the tampering against poor persecuted Declan Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

'They were claiming this as something of a referendum on Lisbon, well it appears they've lost that one...'
    :D

:eek: See!!! I told ya. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

paranoidly,
    Scofflaw

I wouldnt worry, even if Ganley is returned tomorrow you could just use that as a pretext to ignore the result and run the poll again in the autumn and then keep running it until the voters return the "correct" result. I mean that is how democracy works in this country now amirighthere?? :)

Bambi wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry, even if Ganley passes the line you could just use that as a pretext to ignore the result and just run the poll again in the autumn and then keep running it until the voters return the "correct" result. I mean that is how democracy works in this country now amirighthere?? :)

democracy 101 should be compulsory in primary schools

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I wouldnt worry, even if Ganley is returned tomorrow you could just use that as a pretext to ignore the result and run the poll again in the autumn and then keep running it until the voters return the "correct" result. I mean that is how democracy works in this country now amirighthere?? :)

Funnily enough, I don't recall anyone on the Yes side claiming the referendum count was tampered with.

regards,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If he doesn't win a seat and other libertas members in the EU do will he resign his leadership I wonder.
    Before the election Ganley said he'd resign as leader if he didn't win a seat. See the Irish Times of May 11 IIRC.

Of course, there's a possibility that by casting aspersions or illusions on the electoral system he may now be looking for an excuse to carry on regardless.
    Next Euro elections are scheduled for 2014. On the other hand, a referendum can be constitutionally scheduled as often as there's parliamentary support for it.

Nice try but one would be breaking the rules while the other wouldn't. A cursory reading of the rules would have revealed that.

I don't have a problem with Ganley calling for a recount. He's entitled to do that as a candidate. However, I have a feeling he's just throwing his toys out of the pram based on the roughly €6.50 per vote his campaign cost him and going after the publicity bunny so no-one will notice all that much if he doesn't resign as leader of libertas as he promised to.

He's backpeddled on that statement in the radio interview just now.

He wont lead libertas

but he will still work for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Funnily enough, I don't recall anyone on the Yes side claiming the referendum count was tampered with.

regards,
    Scofflaw

no, just the result. :)

Has Ganley claimed his votes were tampered with?

no, just the result. :)

Has Ganley claimed his votes were tampered with?

Yes - accidentally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

demanding a recount or checking pidgeon holes without finding anything will loose Ganley what credence he has at this point.

I have to admit RTE scoffing at a candidate who came within the 10,000 votes of the top three on first preference really unnerves me.

I was a little bit relieved at the fact that they did compare it to Deirdre De Burca's hissy fit over the recount and suggested it was nothing go to do with wanting her election expenses, but more along the lines of winning out against Patrica mcKenna to save face.

In fairness De Burca proved herself to be an idiot on the prime time election special last week, when she blew the top off the greens wanting to stay in power with FF after Bowman questioned her on it. It's all about her. The recount didn't surprise me.

I very much doubt the man, (ganley), is that stupid, and while there is an ego there it remains to be seen if this is the basis for the recount.

Whether you like it or not there may be some substance to it.

But sure all will be revealed tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

There isnt really much need, since the Yes side can run the referendum until we group-think correctly. The minute we vote yes, that will be our final decision.

asdasd wrote: »
    There isnt really much need, since the Yes side can run the referendum until we group-think correctly. The minute we vote yes, that will be our final decision.

Well they can 'run the referendum' so long as the 'Yes' side is in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

bug wrote: »

I very much doubt the man, (ganley), is that stupid, and while there is an ego there it remains to be seen if this is the basis for the recount.

Whether you like it or not there may be some substance to it.

But sure all will be revealed tomorrow.

I very much hope that his ego is his only motivation to kick up this fuss. If this is the case, it'll just make him look worse in the long run. I agree that Ganley is not stupid. The third possibility is that he has some sinister trick up his sleeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

cornbb wrote: »
    I very much hope that his ego is his only motivation to kick up this fuss. If this is the case, it'll just make him look worse in the long run. I agree that Ganley is not stupid. The third possibility is that he has some sinister trick up his sleeve.

so if they officially say they misplaced 20K + votes (which i agree is unlikely), will you automatically think Ganley is sinister?

or would you think that the "bigger picture" is far more sinister?

Just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

asdasd wrote: »

So you think the Irish electorate are capable of being led to vote a particular way then? Not giving us much credit are you? But given that how can you be sure that this isn't what happened last year?

Advertisement