Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External memory on phone- please help!!!

• 06-06-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me here because i am crap at any kind of tech stuff:o
    Basically I bought a new phone recently , an lg KS360, partly because I text a lot and its great for that, but also because it has a built in mp3 player. I also bought a wee microSD memory card thingy because I was told there is very little memory in the actual phone. Anyway downloaded music onto phone but its not showing up anywhere! All the external memory files are showing empty yet it also shows a portion of the memory has been used and when I tried the card in my samsung phone it plays all the downloaded stuff no probs. So it obviously the lg phone thats the problem. Can anyone help, am I doing something wrong, looking in the wrong place or should I just bring phone back??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

It could be that the KS360 is not reading the SD card correctly. I'd back-up what you have from the card then format it, then place the backed-up info back to the card. I had the same problem with a KS360 before, and that's what fixed the problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rosepetal

It could be that the KS360 is not reading the SD card correctly. I'd back-up what you have from the card then format it, then place the backed-up info back to the card. I had the same problem with a KS360 before, and that's what fixed the problem for me.

I said i was crap at this sort of thing:o How do I go about doing what u said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

You need to first back-up your info using your PC, you can do this if you have an adapter that you can plug into your PC. Looks like this;

T555-1022-callout.jpg

Do you have one of these?

No I def dont have anything like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I do have it all on the computer and I thought I did format the card before i started but maybe i will start over and try again. Thanks captain m, and columba rad for ur help!

Ok so I formatted the card again and downloaded a few songs just to try it out and still nothing. its def a prob with the phone not reading the card:(. Think I will have to bring it back to the store. thanks for ur help

I checked and there doesnt appear to be any option to update music in my library. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement