Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance Question

Options
  • 06-06-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm accepting Rent Allowance in my apartment. I'll be registering with the PRTB as soon as my tenant moves in.

An interested party has asked if I'll sign to say the rent is 900epm (rent allowance amount), and they'll pay the extra 100 on top themselves. The overall rent is 1000epm. I was hoping to put 1000epm on the lease also.

Anyone know what the implications of this could be? Is it legit for a start?

Thanks,

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kavkaz

It depends on who are your tenants. Usually the tenants ask about 900 euro instead of 1000, because they will not be approved by Health Board for rent allowance.

I know many landlords has done that and never had any problems, because it is in the interest of the tenant to keep payments of 1000 instead of 900 in the contract as you can report the tenants about disturbances or something else. In my opinion to make it absolutely legal you may want to make separate agreement say, to use parking space, or waching machine, or whatever for 100 euro per month. This agreement tenants should not show to CWO so they will be approved for rent allowance.

Advertisement