Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elections tallies/guesswork/results catch all thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

mike65 wrote: »
    The Greens do not have a single seat in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway or Waterford.

Be interested to hear Green apologists try and spin this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep I can't see how the rank and file Green supporters can allow their party to continue in Government they are been wiped out locally and if they wait it out to the next GE then they will be wiped out in the Dail and FG and Labour won't need them imo.

As where if they go now they could get a place in a rainbow Government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FF will have 13 seats in Dublin out of 130.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Toiresa Ferris on RTE now

that woman gets hotter each time i see her :D

sitting in third place, talking about transfers and how she thinks she could do well on those.

I'd give her 1, I mean my Number 1 of course.

She seems in with a shout, all down to transfers Burke doing very well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Villain wrote: »
    Yep I can't see how the rank and file Green supporters can allow their party to continue in Government they are been wiped out locally and if they wait it out to the next GE then they will be wiped out in the Dail and FG and Labour won't need them imo.

As where if they go now they could get a place in a rainbow Government

They could gain a lot of support if they pull out of government and cause a GE.

I did not give them any votes in the locals/Europeans, despite them being my second preference in the GE in 07'.

If they pull out of government and cause a GE they can be sure of winning back my support, and many others like me.

If they wait untill '11 they will have to make do with a 4th or 5th preference at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

Minister of state in Environment Michael Finneran's son looses family seat.Michael held it since 1979

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Morzadec wrote: »
    They could gain a lot of support if they pull out of government and cause a GE.

I did not give them any votes in the locals/Europeans, despite them being my second preference in the GE in 07'.

If they pull out of government and cause a GE they can be sure of winning back my support, and many others like me.

If they wait untill '11 they will have to make do with a 4th or 5th preference at best.

They should receive the message that the people sent loud and clear. If they dont listen, then they are the architects or their own destruction.

If they do not pull out next week, they will never get a vote from me again ..... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

They should receive the message that the people sent loud and clear. If they dont listen, then they are the architects or their own destruction.

If they do not pull out next week, they will never get a vote from me again ..... ever.

They're in a really tough position. Stay in government and they risk alienating people like me and you who would have given them votes. On the other hand, if a GE is called, how will they fare? Most people will not be ready to forgive I would expect, and the memory of their time in gov will be fresh.

A poster on another thread made a good practical suggestion to contact any sitting Green TD's in your constituency, and let them know that the only way they can restore faith in their party is to leave the coalition and bring about a change of government immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Greens get their 3rd councillor elected in Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

Just listening to Pat the Cope on R na G. He says Donegal tallies show Ganley on 15% there!

I didn't catch any other figures.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In no particular order.

Waterford City Council
    East
    Tom Cunningham FG
    Davy Daniels Ind
    Jim Darcy FG
    Mary Roche Ind
    Jack Walsh Lab
    Garry Wyse FF (The *only* FF seat in Waterford, 8 votes ahead of Joe Tobin, Workers Party. Recount failed to get other FF candidate elected)

South
    John Cummins FG (Senator Maurice Cummins sun, first time running)
    David Cullinane SF
    Cha ONeill Ind
    John Halligan Ind (ex Workers Party, topped the poll)
    Seamus Ryan Lab (Topped the poll)

North
    Pat Hayes Lab
    Hilary Quinlan FG
    Davy Walsh WP
    Dick Roche Ind

Summary: FGx4, FFx1, SFx1, Labx3, Indx5, WPx1

Tramore Town Council
    Lola O'Sullivan FG
    Ann Marie Power FG
    Maxine Keoghan FG
    Tom Raine FG (Youngest candidate in Ireland)
    Joe O'Shea FF
    Paddy O'Callagan Lab
    Joe Conway Ind (Topped the poll)
    Blaise Hanngian Ind (ex FF, never got selected)
    Pat Finnerty Ind (ex FF, never got selected)

Summary: FGx4, Labx1, FFx1, Indx3

I dont have the County Results to hand, sorry.

Anyone got Tallies for Dublin MEP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Anyone got Tallies for Dublin MEP?

Apparently its still a 3 way split between Higgins, MLM, aand Ryan. Transfers for Higgins have been coming from all sides of the spectrum, and they appear to believe that he will come out on top..

But its a while to go before we hear the result.

Yea just found

Quota 101k

Mitchell 95k
    de Rossa 95k
    Ryan 55k
    Higgins50K
    MLM 48k
    Byrne 19k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

FG have just equalled their 2004 council results of 293 seats, to break it soon id say!

Joe Higgins ahead of Ryan could be the nail in the coffin for Cowen

Ireland south from source on Count Floor apparently

Quota 125,000

Crowley .. 117,000
    sean kelly.. 92,500
    ferris.. 64,000
    alan kelly.. 63,000
    sinnott.. 57,800
    burke.. 53,000
    o’keeffe.. 16,000
    boyle.. 15,000
    stafford..| 11,000
    sexton.. 4,000

Will the results be available at exactly 9 pm, or is the counting not finished yet?

RTE Euro Results, hopefully we will get and update in 30 mins!

First counts will certainly be available but not much more than that and First count in North W could be 10pm before 1st count

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

results cant be announced until polls have closed in All Eu states

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Green candidate Déirdre De Búrca has called for a recount in the Dublin constituency. No other details but makes no sense at all -Joe Higgins I could understand.
    EDIT: Guess it's because of the tallies below making her the next to go.

Dublin tallies. Mitchell 100k, DeRossa 87k, Ryan 66,205, Higgins 53,036, Mary Lou 50,980, McKenna 22,380, de Burca 21,991 thats after Byrnes votes were dispersed

Agent Smith Im aware, polls close Eurowide at 10pm Brussels time which is 9pm Irish time.

De Burca Recount could delay this by a few hours

Dublin tallies. Mitchell 100k, DeRossa 87k, Ryan 66,205, Higgins 53,036, Mary Lou 50,980, McKenna 22,380, de Burca 21,991 thats after Byrnes votes were dispersed

One must see Higgins as the likely victor. I cant see the 71,000 votes for MLM and McKenna benefitting Ryan in any way shape or form.

Het-Field wrote: »
    One must see Higgins as the likely victor. I cant see the 71,000 votes for MLM and McKenna benefitting Ryan in any way shape or form.
    Only thing is MLM could get a large gender transfer from McKenna and DeBurca

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

McGuinness on RTE radio has confirmed that she will not run for the Dail and will stay in Europe. 42% FG vote in East. Very impressive candidate indeed. Future president of EU?

Only thing is MLM could get a large gender transfer from McKenna and DeBurca

Ture. But on the whole it appears that a lefty candidate will be returned. Unless Mitchell, or De Rossa require transfers to get over the quota. But, they are in, and will probably have a close to sufficient number as things stands. Apparently, one or two websites claim that Higgins may just be edged out as a result.

• Advertisement

Analyst on Newstalk calling it for Higgins, DeBurca is only 390 behind McKenna and she gets her expenses back if she gets 1/4 of Quota so obviously hoping for 1 or the other

Advertisement