Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous Leaving Cert. Grades

Options
  • 06-06-2009 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Ok , to keep it brief ;

I'm a repeat leaving cert student and was wondering if I can i keep my previous grade(s) from last year as a requirement ? i got a C1 higher english last year , not so confident about this year however.

Applying to ballyfermot so its requirements not points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have you tried www.examinations.ie or contacted a guidance counsellor from your old school? They'd probably be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

for many courses through the CAO you can keep previous grades for requirements but not for points

however some courses have their own stipulation so you should check it out with the college website or other source

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I think you can keep what used to be called matriculation requirements but I'm not sure. the place you're applying to would definitely know and they may have their own policy on it so ringing them would be best. Or they have a contact form at the bottom of the page here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I think you can but not for points. It aint a pick n mix! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You can take metriculation requirements and points from different years (for most courses - not Medicine). Points must all come from the one year though (otherwise we'd all just do 3 subjects in 2 years and get 600 points or something).

• Advertisement
Advertisement