Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 2

Options
  • 06-06-2009 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Predictions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Well, expect Mac Laurin and ratio test to come up in Q8.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Which level?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Well, expect Mac Laurin and ratio test to come up in Q8.
    id say maybe for coord geom line the proof that a transformaion maps every pair of lines onto another pair!
    i doubt perp distance will, it was up last year but gonna learn it just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

My teacher was saying, because there was so little theory on Paper 1, they might compensate on Paper 2. So I'm not taking any chances with trig and line proofs.

Max/Min problems for Q8 too. But they're not so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Foirfe

Higher level??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

I heard trigonometry might come up. but thats jus a huntch, it came up last year tho so.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I heard trigonometry might come up. but thats jus a huntch, it came up last year tho so.... ;)

oh rly ! if it came up last year i dont think it will come up this year :D i wish !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

it was on the radio the last night that the perpindicular proof that was on last year was answered terribly so theres a good chance that it'll come up..... i didn't even know there was a perpindicular proof until he said it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

ok well im doin OL unlike all you brainiacs!! but eh i was just wondering if someone could help me with a slight problem to do with linear programming??

ok so if your given an equation such as 2x+3y-6=0 how do you find the 2 points??????????

this is probobly so simple bcoz it didn even explain in the book it just said that the points wer (3,0) and (0,2) ....

thanks in advance:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Foirfe

Jes ur gas KoKaNoodles
    Sad sad joke...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

croker1 wrote: »
    ok well im doin OL unlike all you brainiacs!! but eh i was just wondering if someone could help me with a slight problem to do with linear programming??

ok so if your given an equation such as 2x+3y-6=0 how do you find the 2 points??????????

this is probobly so simple bcoz it didn even explain in the book it just said that the points wer (3,0) and (0,2) ....

i think that you just let y=0 and work out for x
    then let x= 0 and work out for y
    then the points are (x,0) and (0,y)

i think anyway, but i'm kinda dead if i got that wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

yummy91 wrote: »

yep , those are the 2 pionts were that line cuts both axises.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

croker1 wrote: »

You're referring to the two points where the line cuts the x-axis and the y-axis.

When the line cuts the y-axis, x=0. Therefore, let x=0
    2x+3y-6=0 -> 3y-6 = 0 -> y=2 therefore point = (0,2)

I won't do the whole question as you won't learn that way, but you get the general idea. Remember, if a line crosses the y-axis, x=0, and if it crosses the x-axis, y=o

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

thanks lads!!!

i seem so stupid its simple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

El Pr0n wrote: »
    My teacher was saying, because there was so little theory on Paper 1, they might compensate on Paper 2. So I'm not taking any chances with trig and line proofs.

Max/Min problems for Q8 too. But they're not so bad.

I think that's actually a very valid point. Won't be skimping, so!
    Thanks d00d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

it was on the radio the last night that the perpindicular proof that was on last year was answered terribly so theres a good chance that it'll come up..... i didn't even know there was a perpindicular proof until he said it!!

:confused: are you serious? i thought they all did good last yr..like it was well predicated!!!:rolleyes: it's not as if the dept would ran out of Qs to ask......

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

The angle between 2 lines proof for question 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

THAT's all there is to linear programming?!.

Jaysis :pac:.

/higher level smugness

Advertisement