Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian eating out

Options
  • 06-06-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm seeing someone who's vegetarian (I'm not and naturally there's no issue here) and I'm looking for a nice restaurant in Dublin that's got an extensive vegetarian menu (choices are awfully limited in a lot of places unfortunately). Google throws up the usual - Cornucopia etc but I was looking for somewhere less 'cafe-ey' and a bit more intimate/classy.

Anyone any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Any restaurant should be able to provide veggie options. Why not choose your favourite spot and ring them and ask what main meals they would offer that would suit a vegetarian diet? TBH if you hear pasta with parmeasan or stir-fry then run away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

I always ring up beforehand to inform restaurant that I have a vegan with me - allows them plenty of time to come up with decent options.

Alternative is Indian / italian style restaurant - allways a safe bet for large vegartarian choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Just note that for the vegans you'd have to expect clarified butter as a base for most Indian dishes. Always enquire :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Mr. Frost wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm seeing someone who's vegetarian (I'm not and naturally there's no issue here) and I'm looking for a nice restaurant in Dublin that's got an extensive vegetarian menu (choices are awfully limited in a lot of places unfortunately). Google throws up the usual - Cornucopia etc but I was looking for somewhere less 'cafe-ey' and a bit more intimate/classy.

Anyone any suggestions? Thanks.

Lisa's Trattoria (Terenure) - amazing Italian food - well worth the trip out to Terenure even if it's not near you, run by really lovely people - have a lot of vegetarian options (and are happy to veganise a lot of their food)

The Cedar Tree (Trinity St) - has quite a lot of vegetarian options, very nice food (Lebanese)

Juice (George's St) - vegetarian restaurant. I've never been there for dinner but lunch is very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Hey all, thanks for the advice. I reckon I'll head for an Indian or that Lebanese place. Had Lebanese food before, it's great!

Thanks again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

youve probly already gone for your meal but just thought id add that Juice on georges street is really nice in the evening, for a bit more of a romantic setting!
    food is gorgeous but lil pricey! good for a treat! :)

Advertisement