Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FUEL

• 06-06-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Anybody get this game?

Any good?

The review sites are giving it poor reviews but i rarely dislike a codemasters game.. so finding it hard not to buy it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

i picked up a copy yesterday, im a big racing fan and have never disliked a codemasters game before... until now.
    im really trying to like it but its just boring. the vehicles seem to be going really slow all the time, the map is boring with so many barren plains and forests that are all the same. and the AI are annoying too. I wouldnt recomend this game to anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

what a let-down, thanfully codemasters didnt develop this game, but why they wanted there good name anywhere near it is beyond me, avoid like the plauge.

C|F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its pretty crap

avoid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, anyone want to sell me their copy for 20 euro? If it's so crap and all I mean...:)

Thing is, a real world inspired enviroment is always going to seem that but emptier than a purpose designed levels of a more contrived game, the difference between True Crime LA and GTA III for example, True Crime LA's biggest problem is that Los Angeles is so boring to drive around, whilst Liberty City is the best of New York, Chicago, Detroit all compressed into one city for maximum fun.
    Another example is the difference between Test Drive Unlimited and Burnout Paradise, again, TDU, a game I really like, suffers for some because of the miles and miles of idyllic island, with little or no set piece opportunities, whilst Paradise city is built around ramps and barrel rolls.

My guess is, with Fuel, that players must give it some time to explore the game world properly, you can't possibly have seen all the developers want you see when it was only released the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, anyone want to sell me their copy for 20 euro? If it's so crap and all I mean...:)

Thing is, a real world inspired enviroment is always going to seem that but emptier than a purpose designed levels of a more contrived game, the difference between True Crime LA and GTA III for example, True Crime LA's biggest problem is that Los Angeles is so boring to drive around, whilst Liberty City is the best of New York, Chicago, Detroit all compressed into one city for maximum fun.
    Another example is the difference between Test Drive Unlimited and Burnout Paradise, again, TDU, a game I really like, suffers for some because of the miles and miles of idyllic island, with little or no set piece opportunities, whilst Paradise city is built around ramps and barrel rolls.

My guess is, with Fuel, that players must give it some time to explore the game world properly, you can't possibly have seen all the developers want you see when it was only released the other day.

no seriously, you need to stop defending a game you havent played. its bland, the handling is slightly ropey, the ai is completely retarded and the "open world" aspect just means driving around lookalike landscapes waiting for the game to let you know theres a race there

the multiplayer is decent enough though. if they make a second one, id expect it to be a bloody good game, but this one just doesnt work all that well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Helix wrote: »
    no seriously, you need to stop defending a game you havent played. its bland, the handling is slightly ropey, the ai is completely retarded and the "open world" aspect just means driving around lookalike landscapes waiting for the game to let you know theres a race there

That's a bit harsh, you don't have to drive around for miles to get a race cos you can select one from the menu, you would have to free ride to collect liveries, vista points etc, but you can just as easily not bother if you can't be arsed.
    Nedved85 wrote: »
    Anybody get this game?

Any good?

The graphics are pretty sweet considering there's 5,000sq miles of terrain and there's heaps to do in the game, each section of the map has a different look to it and there's a good choice of vehicles ranging from bike to monster trucks. The handling is pretty good really.

I like the game a lot, the only part i'm not keen on is the stupid and unnecessary trick the driver does every now and again on jumps when on a bike or quad. Very pointless! and daft looking....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Ahhh and I was really looking forward to this.

Might wait til it's pre-owned to try it out now.

Is the demo on Live?

Advertisement