Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nuMaps lifetime problem

• 06-06-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have downloaded the nuMaps lifetime for my sat nav, but when i go to run the program it just opens an "extracting" dialogue box & proceeds no further.
    I left it for a few hours seeing as it was a huge download, but still nothing further has happened. Before i go contacting Garmin on Monday, has anyone else had this problem??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I seem to remember something similar. I think you need around 4gb free for the unpacking, and then a further 3-4gb for the installation. The unpacked files (and the initial installer) won't be required afterwards, so you just need the space during the install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Solved it... Used firefox instead of IE & it downloaded & extracted immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wallyworld

I had a similar problem with Chrome....I switched to Firefox and it worked fine. Probably a temporary thing, but a real pain, since I wound up downloading the European maps three times (twice on Chrome and once in Firefox) before I could figure out what was wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

I had the opposite problem yesterday - the download crashed Firefox twice and I then used Chrome with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

I have Europe NT 2009.11 - am I up to date?
    I downloaded this about 5 months ago and was expecting quarterly updates.
    MyGarmin says that I have the latest maps - so do I ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

eirman wrote: »
    I have Europe NT 2009.11 - am I up to date?
    I downloaded this about 5 months ago and was expecting quarterly updates.
    MyGarmin says that I have the latest maps - so do I ?
    Nope, latest version is 2010.10 released in April. Should be a new one sometime soon.

Advertisement