Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which English questions did you do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

Poetry (3) - John Montague
    Du wrote: »
    I'm guessing I'll be one of the very few who did Montegue then

Nope 14% did montague which i think is fairly high seeing as he wasnt the most hotly tipped and he wasnt on the original paper. Still though at least he got a nice 80th birthday present :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Poetry (4) - Elizabeth Bishop
    smndly wrote: »
    Nope 14% did montague which i think is fairly high seeing as he wasnt the most hotly tipped and he wasnt on the original paper. Still though at least he got a nice 80th birthday present :D:D

i did it too go us!it was a nice question if you had studied him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Macbeth - Compelling drama - even though the other question suited me perfectly. Still don't know why I started writing out Q.2. Might never know.

Comparative - Did CC - was ok, should have done theme/issue which was piss.

Bishop - Interpreted the question literally and loked for 'questions' in her poetry like in 'Questions of Travel'. Needless to say I just about managed to get 2 pages out of that. Very annoying considering I could have written a book on Bishop at this stage.

Overall, a complete cock-up in exam strategy, time management etc. Disaster. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Comparative (B) - Cultural Context
    bythewoods wrote: »
    Isn't Phasers incredibly defensive about her gender?

(I'm totally with you btw Phasey-Phases. If one more person refers to me as sir.... :mad: )

Please sir, you're making a scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Poetry (3) - John Montague
    I had my trusty stopwatch with me for time management, for the whole 1 mark per minute thing... but I didn't give myself any room to maneuver as in a finished just on 70 mins for the comarative 60 for macbeth etc. between everything I only had 15 mins for the unseen and reading over time, I managed something reasonable and I only got a chance to read my keats essay because I thought it was the weakest part, it wasn't too bad but I probably have a few blunders in expression in the other answers...

• Advertisement
Advertisement