Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Options
  • 06-06-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, thinking of purchasing a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited but was looking for some owner advice as there are not too many in Ireland…looking for general information on performance, MPG and auto 5 speed ..Thanks:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭beachlife

hi there, had the 4.7 v8 and the liter per 100km's was usually around 13 about town and 11 on the motorway. but if you really floor it in a low gear you can get it to read 52liters to 100km's(which is 5 miles to the gallon!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I used to work with Jeeps (the brand that is).
    Total sh1tboxes and most were the bain of peoples lives. I'd never ever think of spending a cent on one. Sorry. And btw, they are cheap for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I used to work with Jeeps (the brand that is).
    Total sh1tboxes and most were the bain of peoples lives. I'd never ever think of spending a cent on one. Sorry. And btw, they are cheap for a reason.

Surely they aren't that bad? And they aren't that cheap either? I'm not starting an arguement, as I've very little experience with them, but the one I came across, the seats were very comfortable, had a nice spec and it seemed well built.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I was driving my aunts one in america while on holiday. I found the auto very sluggish and it struggled with any hills even with its stupidly big engine.

really bad mpg cant remember exactly but definatly less then 20 on motorways.

if you are a huge american probably very comfortable but i was lost in the 'sports' seats

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Waters10

Thanks niceirishfella I appreciate the feed back, the model I have been offered at a super price is the 3.0 diesel limited addition but have reservations as some people have told me they are fine but some have also said they are extremely poor on diesel and constant issues. It’s a shame because I like exterior of the limited grand Cherokee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Waters10

Surely they aren't that bad? And they aren't that cheap either? I'm not starting an arguement, as I've very little experience with them, but the one I came across, the seats were very comfortable, had a nice spec and it seemed well built.
    It’s a the new model with 40000 miles on it, I take it you have one, have you had any problems or any reservations ..

Waters10 wrote: »
    It’s a the new model with 40000 miles on it, I take it you have one, have you had any problems or any reservations ..

No, I've only had experience through selling one. The older model at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i was looking into buying one of these and looked up the recall info on them, the heated seats went on fire, the cooling fan would hit against a hose in the engine bay and blades would fly off, there were loads of pointless recalls on them that make the cars horribly unreliable

They are.
    When I referred to cheap, list price new not all that cheap but secondhand, they are cheap as chips.
    I had lots of experience of them @ a main dealership and I genuinely used to feel sorry for the poor poor individuals who used to buy them and had to live with them. The engines were ok, quite reliable if a bit thirsty in them all, but as for fit and finish, you'd swear they were made in china.
    Everything used to go wrong with them, everything.:eek:
    Electrical issue galore, transmissions eating themselves,diffs abruptly giving up the ghost - I can truely say i've seen it all (that can go wrong with a vehicle) with Jeep and Crysler too.
    I would'nt wish one on you even Limerick Man!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

these jeeps are sale proof....once you buy you'll loose your trousers in resale....likewise a lot of elec gremlins.

Before you know it you wont get 4k in a trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I did quite a bit of research on the Jeeps and they typically get seriously bad owner reviews. Stay away.

They are.
    When I referred to cheap, list price new not all that cheap but secondhand, they are cheap as chips.
    I had lots of experience of them @ a main dealership and I genuinely used to feel sorry for the poor poor individuals who used to buy them and had to live with them. The engines were ok, quite reliable if a bit thirsty in them all, but as for fit and finish, you'd swear they were made in china.
    Everything used to go wrong with them, everything.:eek:
    Electrical issue galore, transmissions eating themselves,diffs abruptly giving up the ghost - I can truely say i've seen it all (that can go wrong with a vehicle) with Jeep and Crysler too.
    I would'nt wish one on you even Limerick Man!:D

LOL!

Didn't even see this post yesterday for some reason. Hadn't a clue they were that bad, thought they were some what reasonable. Learn something new everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Just buy a Renault. Or a Ssang Yong Rexton. You'll thank us for it later.:D;)

As the lads said, they are cheap for a reason. Completely sale-proof, and tend to give lot of reliability issues.

If Fiat do a 4x4 large jeep, buy it instead!

Advertisement