Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overloud TH1

• 06-06-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I mentioned this guitar amp sim in my earlier thread. I have been messing around with the demo all day yesterday and most of today.

You should really check this out if you're looking for a sim. Its definitely the best one I have demoed so far.

http://www.overloud.com/

I have no connection with Overloud who, strangely enough are an Italian plugin company.

All the best.

Alfredo Di Rockshamrover

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Bought it a few months back, its great! They were running a promotion at the time where you got a free copy of Recabinet with every purchase, not sure if they still are but its worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Have you some examples you can post ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

PaulBrewer wrote: »

Hi Paul,

No, still only learning the barre chords:D but it's definitely worth while trying out the demo.

I know you are into your amps as in building your own and all so I would love to hear your learned opinion on this yoke.

Thanks

BuddhaJoe wrote: »
    Bought it a few months back, its great! They were running a promotion at the time where you got a free copy of Recabinet with every purchase, not sure if they still are but its worth checking out.

Buddhajoe, looks like that deal is over unfortunately.

Have you compared TH1 to some of the other sims out there?

PaulBrewer wrote: »

Been up all night doing these:D But you'd get a better idea of the sim by using it and messing around with it.

http://www.overloud.com/media/common/icardi/Duet%20for%20TH1.mp3
    http://www.overloud.com/media/common/icardi/presets/Vintage%20strato%20pop.mp3
    http://www.overloud.com/media/common/icardi/presets/Vintage%20strato%20Jazz.mp3

• Advertisement

B
    Have you compared TH1 to some of the other sims out there?

Yes, I also own Amplitube Fender and Revalver MKIII.

Amplitube Fender is incredible at what it does, which is pristine Fender cleans. It is resource heavy however and doesnt do rock tones aswell as other modellers.

Revalver is incredible.....if you are willing to put the time in. If lets you alter the circuit parameters of the modelled amps. You can kinda see what im talking about in this very low res image:

revalver-1.jpg

The clean tones arent fantastic but for high gain its untouchable.

Overloud however is my favourite of the bunch. It is easy to make great sounds in any style with very little time put in. Sure it doesnt has the depth of Revalver but that is kinda what I like about it. Resource wise it isnt too heavy either.

It is also worth noting the team behind Overloud are fantastic. The amount of extras you got for free in the 1.0 -> 1.2 update added were amazing (new amp, new effects etc). Well worth the investment. I never registered my version of Recabinet TH1 as I had already purchased Recabinet, so if you are interested I would gladly send you on the details to download and register my copy.

Yes, I also own Amplitube Fender and Revalver MKIII.

Amplitube Fender is incredible at what it does, which is pristine Fender cleans. It is resource heavy however and doesnt do rock tones aswell as other modellers.

Revalver is incredible.....if you are willing to put the time in. If lets you alter the circuit parameters of the modelled amps. You can kinda see what im talking about in this very low res image:

revalver-1.jpg

The clean tones arent fantastic but for high gain its untouchable.

Overloud however is my favourite of the bunch. It is easy to make great sounds in any style with very little time put in. Sure it doesnt has the depth of Revalver but that is kinda what I like about it. Resource wise it isnt too heavy either.

It is also worth noting the team behind Overloud are fantastic. The amount of extras you got for free in the 1.0 -> 1.2 update added were amazing (new amp, new effects etc). Well worth the investment. I never registered my version of Recabinet TH1 as I had already purchased Recabinet, so if you are interested I would gladly send you on the details to download and register my copy.

Hi Buddhajoe,

I just ordered my copy of TH1 from an American online store for $229.00
    which is about 60 Euro or more cheaper than the Overloud site.

The recabinet thing would be great, thanks a lot for the offer.

Hi Buddhajoe,

I just ordered my copy of TH1 from an American online store for $229.00
    which is about 60 Euro or more cheaper than the Overloud site.

The recabinet thing would be great, thanks a lot for the offer.

Cool. Ill grab the email now and pm you the details.

Edit: Also look into getting a Behringer FCB1010 and the UNO firmware chip. It will give you full control over TH1 with the floorboard :)

Cool. Ill grab the email now and pm you the details.

Edit: Also look into getting a Behringer FCB1010 and the UNO firmware chip. It will give you full control over TH1 with the floorboard :)

Thanks a lot Joe. My gigging days are over but I suppose I could use the board for my recording setup.

Thanks again dude, I really appreciate it.

Advertisement