Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Matching Tattoos For Couples

• 06-06-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Me And Mi Boyfriend Want A Matching Tattoo Soon
    But We Dont Want To Include Names Or Dates...
    Is There Anything Nice Tat The Both Of Us Could Have
    As It Would Be Mi First Tattoo
    N I Sorta Want Sumthin Girly
    But Obviously He Cant lol
    If Anyone Has Suggestions
    I'd Be Grateful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

'mi luv 4eva'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm not going even going to start on your spelling! But be sure that putting something on you to remind you of a partner forever is something you want to do!

Ensure the both of you are in it for the long term and don't rush in to anything. Also if you are going to get something only you two will know or will have your own "isms" between you. Like nicknames, etc.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I know you probably don't want to hear this but that's really not a good idea. You never know what might happen, no matter how in love you guys are now. theres also a tattoo superstition that any couple who get matching tattoos are "cursed" and doomed to break up. this is probably just working on odds, but I still wouldn't do it unless they were wedding tattoos, even then I'd think about it!
    If you are still gonna go ahead with it, get something that symbolises your relationship, I've no idea what that might be, but for example, if I were getting one with my bf, I might get lyrics from the band we went to see the night he asked me out. something personal, but not obviously about an ex if the worst were to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

It really sounds like you haven't thought this through at all.

It will be on your body for the rest of your life, don't look for suggestions from people on the internet who you don't know. Surely it should be meaningful to you both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

You should both get a dolphin. Maybe a dolphin with a rose and some Chinese symbols around it. That'd be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

^ >.<

seriously you really got to think this tattoo through even more than you would any other tattoo.. lets face it not all realtionships are permanent, the break up rate for realtionships before marriage is high, so if you do break up , you're left with something permanently marked on you that you simply cant throw away and try and forget about, ie look at chirs brown and riahanna ,with matching star tattoo's behind there ear, then he goes and beats her up and its over, now there stuck with em..
    buy a puppy or something!!!

however if you are going to go ahead with it, pick something that means something to both of you , no point in getting something we might suggest ,lets say flowers and you hate flowers cause you get hayfever of something haha... get something that means something to the both of you

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just dont get anything in writing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

emo!! wrote: »
    buy a puppy or something!!!
    PUPPIES ARE FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR..... The buzz?:mad:

Anyway, don't get anything in writing... not smart.
    If you're going to do it, get something that won't make you or the people you know think of him directly, but something subtle, that will remind you of him, when you want it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

CianRyan wrote: »
    PUPPIES ARE FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR..... The buzz?:mad:

Anyway, don't get anything in writing... not smart.
    If you're going to do it, get something that won't make you or the people you know think of him directly, but something subtle, that will remind you of him, when you want it too.
    yeah but no but yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

18058%20-%20facepalm%20picard%20riker%20screenshot%20star_trek.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

Owls, everyone likes owls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

You could get half of a Yin-Yang design.

yin.jpg <---- His & Yours ----> yang.jpg

Then when you guys split up if you guys split up, just get the other half filled in too.

yinyang.jpg

Ta-da! Then if anyone asks you what the tat is about you can say it represents how there are two sides to life et cetera, et cetera.

Advertisement