Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any subject you're really dreading?!

Options
  • 06-06-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

For me its definitely french. Was grand for the orals. I actually kinda liked it at that stage! But havnt done a tap since then! Really not looking forward to it! And yourselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Business and DCG. Im good at both but need to do well.

I can't say I'm looking forward to applied maths.

It's my last exam and my 8th subject. So, depending on how things go for chemistry on the Tuesday before, I might have no motivation to study for it, as I don't actually need it very much.

Saying that, it's not the subject/paper I'm dreading, it's just the 3 day build up to it when everybody's finished...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Chemistry :(

I am going to fail so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I'm with you OP, haven't done a bit of French since the orals. For some reason, though, I'm not dreading it as much as I should.

I'm dreading history more. The course is so feckin' big and I've only two essays done at this stage. Have to do a couple this evening which will subtract from maths/Irish study. Also have history the same day as French! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

It's my last exam and my 8th subject. So, depending on how things go for chemistry on the Tuesday before, I might have no motivation to study for it, as I don't actually need it very much.

Saying that, it's not the subject/paper I'm dreading, it's just the 3 day build up to it when everybody's finished...

6 hrs.....saying no more.....I really am not looking forward to chemistry...mmmmmmmmm....ordinary or higher???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Chemistry and History.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Maths 2 won't be fun, at all. And I'll need to do well to make up for the epic fail that was paper one.

Other than that, dreading Tuesday, purely because it'll be a very long day and studying for it will be hell. Irish 2 AND Business on the same day? Who thought that was a good idea? :confused:

Can't say I'm looking forward to French either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

physics and french :(:(:(
    not good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Not looking forward to Bio. No matter how much work I put in it just never seems to stick.. And I wanna do physio - super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

CHEMISTRY AHHH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Geography, but that's over.
    Art History abit too 'cause I need an A in that..
    Eek (:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Not learning at all - Lithuanian, Russian and French :D. Well, last two I'll look over, hopefully.
    I usually do some revision just a night before the exam, to refresh my mind, so :).
    I still have seven exams (Maths 2 and Lithuanian on Monday, Russian and Business on Tues, French on Wed, Biology on Thurs and Accounting on Monday again :(:()

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Irish.

I might end up failing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Exactly the same situation, although I definitely will be needing the points.
    All my friends are going to the prodigy the night before aswell, while I stay in and study..... woohoo! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

Lucet wrote: »
    Not learning at all - Lithuanian, Russian and French :D. Well, last two I'll look over, hopefully.
    I usually do some revision just a night before the exam, to refresh my mind, so :).
    I still have seven exams (Maths 2 and Lithuanian on Monday, Russian and Business on Tues, French on Wed, Biology on Thurs and Accounting on Monday again :(:()

Im doing Russian too!!Are you a native speaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

barely done any History at all so pretty screwed for that. French, I think I'm just going to drop to OL. Didn't really get along with my teacher who I felt was a bonehead and just basically made me dread the subject as a whole. I used to be good at French too :( got a B in Hons in the JC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

All of them :(

Geography is the only thing I'm good at.

But it's my own fault for not studying enough. With English and Maths it's more about ability, but with History, Chemistry etc. I didn't do enough work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

irish

SugoiHito wrote: »
    Im doing Russian too!!Are you a native speaker?

Nope, I'm native Lithuanian speaker. I've done Russian for one year in Lithuania (6th class) :D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

Lucet wrote: »
    Nope, I'm native Lithuanian speaker. I've done Russian for one year in Lithuania (6th class) :D.

Ahright, just wondering cos im a native speaker and wonder how many out there are also doing it....Im sure youll fly through it,the paper seems easy enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Physics. Damn I should have studied.

SugoiHito wrote: »
    Ahright, just wondering cos im a native speaker and wonder how many out there are also doing it....Im sure youll fly through it,the paper seems easy enough!

There's quite enough of people doing Russian. Half of the girls in my school who are doing Russian this year are not native speakers. I'm ok with Russian language, I have friends from Russian (or other Slavic) speaking countries. Anyway OT :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 xprincessashx

Spanish because I'm not good....Irish because its higher and there is so much...and history and business cos i haven't done a tap for them...fun times next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

At this stage, History without a doubt.

(I'd also say Higher Irish but I've accepted the big fat C that's coming to me at this stage :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

Me too....totally screwed!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

ME 3 - scraped a c3 last year & dont think ill even get that

horrible subject

looking forward to ap maths tho :) i love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I think history because its a nightmare trying to cover everything, and thinking that some of the quesitons might be niggly and specific. Okay... Documents, European + American history are grand, but Irish history for Buddha's sake... I just start reading something it's Zzzfest.

I think we should be allowed choose whether or not to do Irish history. It's so boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

physics and french i am dreading, i have not started studying for either! and histroy, jesus there is so much to do! but i would be pretty disappointed with anything less than a B!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

It'll be a miracle if i pass irish :(

Still, miracles can happen!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭carefulnow99

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Business and DCG. Im good at both but need to do well.

hows the dcg goin for ye did ye get to do the whole course??

nd anyone else doin de dcg how ya findin it??

Advertisement