Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you have to do for leaving cert art?

Options
  • 06-06-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi im going into fifth next year and i kept on art, the art teacher never told us what we have to do for LC art so anything would help
    i know that theres art history but i dont know hat the porject you have to do it...
    good luck with eveyone doing exams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

You have to do craftwork as well as still lifes and an imaginative composition. There are more options, but these are the ones I did.

For craftwork, you can make a poster that has to deal with a certain theme (again, you don't have to do a poster, there are other options eg. lino print). The life drawing and still lifes, well, you know what they are. This is all done over two days in school. It accounts for 66% of the total marks for your leaving cert. Art exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

There should be a lot more done to alert students about history of art. It's worth something like 33.5% of your overall mark so you should be aware of the amount of work thats involved before selecting it as a LC subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah I went into art in 5th year not really knowing what it was about, didn't do it for the JC either. I definitely didn't expect art history to be 37.5% :eek:

Ha I think one major flaw of Art History (in my school anyway) is that there's no AH textbook... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Monzo wrote: »
    Ha I think one major flaw of Art History (in my school anyway) is that there's no AH textbook... :D
    I know, the Less Stress book is absolute sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

rhapsody! wrote: »
    HEAR HEAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

I might be in the wrong thread, but can anyone shorten down the course for me? I have done absolutley NOTHING for it. The topics we covered were:

Pre-Christian Ireland (Stone Age/Bronze Age/Iron Age)
    Christian Ireland (Just High Crosses)

Impressionism/Post-Impressionism

Can anyone help me in cutting this down EVEN MORE?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Pre christian ireland i'd ignore christian ireland... as they're both Part 1's... are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

7Steve wrote: »
    I might be in the wrong thread, but can anyone shorten down the course for me? I have done absolutley NOTHING for it. The topics we covered were:

Pre-Christian Ireland (Stone Age/Bronze Age/Iron Age)
    Christian Ireland (Just High Crosses)

Impressionism/Post-Impressionism

Can anyone help me in cutting this down EVEN MORE?

Thats pretty slim as it is...aparently iron age is tipped to come up, but I have no evidence it's just something i heard!
    Art History is an incredibly broad course and requires a lot of work, OP should remember that and start working now!
    Just me or did that sound like yoda...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

that is the bear amount

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

That's ALL we did in class. I'm not even cutting it down, we only got some notes on them parts...

How much would I be expected to write per question. On average, don't mind the "it depends on your handwriting","quality not quantity" crap. Just a rough figure.

PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

Art is my favourite subject and always will be, but art history sucks. :( We spent basically the whole of sixth year doing it, and only got about two weeks of practical work done, and I still know next to nothing. I'm worried that the art history exam will bring my grade way down, in case 'm not able to answer a question in one of the sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

i'm the same. it should have a book to learn off of we have seriously rubbish notes to learn off.

and the art history eats into ur final mark :/

rhapsody! wrote: »

Yeah it's supposed to be a revision book and yet there's something like 300 pages on it. The sketches are mostly crap too.

Advertisement