Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliffs of Moher question

• 06-06-2009 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Do ye think its better to see the cliffs of moher the usual way, or going on the boat which leaves from Doolin???

I've been thinking about it and can see good points for both; theres better views from standing on top of the cliffs, but at the same time you see the scale of the cliffs from down below in the water.

So..I'm not really sure which way is better. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Before they built the wall to keep visitors way back, I'd have said visit the cliffs, now I'd go boat

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

Ya, I heard about that wall alright..

I also heard people just hopped over it though and wandered around?? I don't know how often that happens though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Just do both!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

Definitely take the boat ..its a lovely trip but depends on weather , tide etc...

I did it two years ago and went from Liscannor to Doolin and a mini bus brought us back to Liscannor

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I did a boat trip last year and it was great, even though we couldn't get that close because of a bit of a swell - I understand that's a fairly common problem!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

With the price of the parking now going by boats probably cheaper. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The visitor center is very good though. It was a lot of money to develop it but they did a good job with it.
    Car parking isn't that expensive either unless you are on your own.

Advertisement